Bay Rum

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by xbeezer, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Paul12644

Paul12644 New Member

Burt's Bees Bay Rum is the Bees knees.

2. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

I made a travel blend of Pinuad, Masters, Dominica, and Superior 70 (equal parts), which results in a complex delight that seems to bring out the best of each. I have had to refill my 2.5 oz plastic bottle a couple of times as I keep using it even when I am not traveling.

3. aberneth

aberneth Member

My favorite bay rums are Pinaud and Royall. Royall is more expensive than others, but also has a menthol kick, is less painful, and is undoubtedly the best tailored of all the bay rum contenders.

4. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

Sorry to necropost, but I need to chime in with another vote for Royall. It's the only Bay Rum SWMBO likes on me.

5. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

I find the Pashana Bay rum to be good value......and the scent I remember from my youth

6. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

Are there any Bay Rums that doesn't use cloves?

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Yes.

Any straight Bay Rum has no cloves. Just Bay Rum.

8. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

Sorry, I meant to ask that you can purchase. Are there non clove types of bay rum that you buy?

9. cpool222

cpool222 Well-Known Member

I have tried several Bay Rums... my favorites are Col. Conk and Pinaud... my wife likes the expensive one on me, the Meehan Bay Rum

10. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

JoAnna's TSD Bay Rum is clove-less, as is Masters, Stephens, and Superior 70. I use TSD Bay Rum Cologne to boost these other 3 in my travel blends. Makes a great BR that seriously lasts!

CyanideMetal likes this.
  11. mikec727

mikec727 New Member

I just got a bottle of Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum. I love the stuff.

12. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Masters, Superior 70 and Clubman.

13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I currently have Stephan's Bay Rum, which I've liked for two reasons...it originated in 1897, and it has been described as a "true barbershop classic". Not TOO clovey. I may look into the Master line next, as there is a Sally's Beauty not far from me.

14. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Holy smokes…..another zombie thread resurrected! :D
    :sick013:

Spyder and mrchick like this.