Which scent does your partner like best

Discussion in 'Scents' started by 8thsinner, Sep 8, 2010.

1. m0j0j0eman

m0j0j0eman Active Member

What does T&H 1805 smell like? I have T&H Spanish Leather, and it smells great. And the fiance loves it.

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Try basenotes.net

I'd give you a link, but I can't. :ashamed001:

3. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

It's considered a marine scent, but it's definitely more sophisticated than typical marine scents . This one definitely has layers, so I'll try to describe how each comes across to me:

Top Note (right away): Dominated by citrus (bergamot mostly) with some definate corriander, lavender, and marigold. (citrus + spice + floral)
    Hear Note (15min - 1 hr): dominated by corriander and lavender. Marigold definately shows up and you start to get the woods. (spice + floral+woods)
    Base Note (1hr +): Dominated by a fairly clean wood scent, with just a hint of corriander. (woods + spice)

Despite the rather complex description, it smell rather clean and subtle to me. It's accused of being too modern for such a traditional place as T&H and does have a modern influence. I think of it as what most US department store fragrances wish they could be.

Compared to Spanish Leather, 1805 is going to be less powerful and more intimate. That is, it won't catch attention in a crowd, but will get attention in close 1 on 1 situations. Spanish Leather isn't exactly a loud scent, but if worn more than extremely light will occasionally get noticed without being very close to someone (hugging, whispering in someone's ear, sitting next to someone on a crowded bus/train) To me, that means picking between to two is a matter of personality, mood, and occasion. I lean heavily toward only wanting those close to me to notice my cologne. So, for me 1805 is an everyday scent, where Spanish Leather would be something for the rare occasion when I feel more outgoing and spunky.

m0j0j0eman likes this.
  4. m0j0j0eman

m0j0j0eman Active Member

I agree, Spanish Leather does stick out. I was walking with my fiance, when another woman came up to me and said, "you clean up well, and you smell great!". Other than that, I haven't gotten much feedback (except for my fiance, who loves the scent). I am looking to buy more AS and more soap. Not that one particular soap or AS gets boring or anything, just try to switch things up a bit. I feel very comfortable now shaving with a straight on a regular basis (and I am not carving up my face), so time to jump off to new scents.

5. FortWayneShaver

FortWayneShaver There's a tear in my beer

My wife is an Aqua di Gio fan. Lately, though, I have been wearing United Colors of Benetton, and she is enjoying that, too. In a perfect world, she would like the scent of bay rum as much as I do, and I would wear that. Or she would just let me spend $75 on a bottle of 1805, but I'm pretty sure that ain't happening.

6. jkingrph

jkingrph Member

Bay Rum and T&H 1805

7. Latherman87

Latherman87 Well-Known Member

My wife loves the Col. Conk Amber......Old Spice Lime Fresh cream.....and Lucky Tiger AS

8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Pour un Homme de Caron is just about all my father-in-law has been wearing for about 45 years! :happy097:

9. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

She likes most of what I wear, but Polo and Drakkar Noir are her favorites (those are also the two that she gave me as gifts).

10. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I've never had a bottle of Drakkar Noir. It's on my list when I finish up one of my current bottles.

11. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

My wife is easy to please. She likes Floid Blue and Mennen's Skin Bracer.

12. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member

My wife likes the smell of me with no interference from colognes or aftershaves.

13. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

Along the lines of the previous post, my wife's favorite scent is unscented

14. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

Acqua Di Gio since it what I wore when we first met.

15. xXClockwork

xXClockwork New Member

My wife's favorite scent of mine is AoS Sandalwood. I own the cream, ASB, and EdT.

16. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

Likes many, but loves Clubman.

17. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

For me it is anything musky or woodsy. However, she LOVES the smell from my MEM Olive and Sea of Spa ASB, which neither of them fall into that category.

18. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

My Gal likes Pashana aftershave and Dirty English cologne. I think it's the leather factor she goes for.

19. Paulie

Paulie Active Member

My wife loves Curve, but in the winter its Joop.

20. voice940

voice940 Member

My wife's nose is as picky as they come. She hates Old Spice, and most bay rums... which is a bummer - since they're my favorites. She DOES like the Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes and Peppercorns... otherwise, it's Adidas Moves or nothing. Picky, Picky, Picky................