What scents do you like?

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Queen of Blades, Mar 18, 2011.

1. smitty

smitty Member

what about a york peppermint patty

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Yupp! :D :happy102

3. jcwit

jcwit Member

Well then I goofed, sorry!

Scents I like?

Fresh mown hay in the field, not in the mow, that remindes me of very hard work in the heat of the summer. I'll also second the smell on the woods and fields in the fall. Summer work was all over, scenery is beautiful, and hunting season is upon us.

That better?

4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I enjoy very green scents, so this morning I used the water from a pan of leftover peas. Very green fragrance. Makes a decent a/s; I doubt I can concentrate it enough for a cologne. A shave soap or cream would be nice, too.

5. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I'm with BabyGirl on the Orange Blossoms...but not just Neroli, but the whole smelling the breeze next to an orange orchard by the sea, (for me, on the Mediterranean)...Theres the orange blossoms, fresh air, lavender and lilac...the oranges themselves, the orange peel, the wood of the trees and moss...a little honeysuckle...maybe rosemary and roses...and somebody said baby powder...Well I think if the Orchard could be delievered in a powdery smelling package, that would be heavenly...But I believe all the things I mentioned above are around the Orange orchards that I'm thinking of aswell as Florida...

I also love the coffee smells...Mocha Cappuccino...Hazelnut blend...and the pipe tocacco you mentioned, with cherry...also leathers, I went into a Prada Shop the other day and the leather smell was intoxicating...That was great, my wife and I both said we are going back there just to dig the smell, it was a blend of different very high-end leathers, not like a leather shop, which is cool too, but different.

Also the leather smell in a tack-room at a stables is great with the combination of fresh hay, horses, roses, lavender, old saddle leather, grasses, moss, wet moldy straw and even the manure all comes together in a fabulous way...The flowers depend on where the stables are and what time of year...I used to give riding lessons during the summers when I was in High-School and these stables had rose bushes lining many walkways...and sometimes it seems like theres so much lavender around that I associate it with fresh air or clean air...

When I was a kid we had a ranch outside of DC and underneath the house off from the basement through a little tunnel there was a room to itself that housed the electric pump for pumping water from the well. This was a room that we never went to except when the pump stopped for some reason. Or as a kid sometimes we would play there but we were not supposed to. This room was a little like a root celler which had one dirt wall, three concrete, a wood floor, but around the pump; which was huge; the wood was always wet and moldy. There was moss on the dirt wall and there were old boxes of books that had been there for years before we moved in. These books were old and moldy as well..See it was always cool down there so there was diffinantly a heavy condensation thing going on. But this combination of scents was also intoxicating, I'll never forget it, although the closest I've actually come to being around that scent again in the last 40 years, was in a rather large wine cellar at one of Turkeys premier and oldest wine vineyards in the heart of wine country in central Turkey. As soon as I went down through a tunnel and opened a large wooden door the olfactory response took me back instantly...

6. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Walking through the concentrate storage room in a sodapop manufacturing facility.....

7. NoahG

NoahG Member

Fresh cut limes, a pine forest in the summer, frosty root beer, the first rain after a dry summer, and bacon and fresh coffee on a crisp autumn morning.

8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Another scent which I forgot to mention is bay rum. The wife doesn't care too, too much for it, with the exception of Pinaud.

9. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

+1 on the Frosty Root Beer!!

10. supe

supe Active Member

The smell of locust trees in bloom as they are here in Kansas right now.

11. shaveslave

shaveslave Member

most any fragrant blooming orchid (except a few);
    chocolate;
    most suncreens (ex. coppertone);
    ocean air;
    florida thunderstorms;
    gardenias in bloom;
    night blooming jasmine;
    musty rainforests,
    pine forests;
    michelia champaca in bloom;
    my wife;
    citrus trees in bloom;
    newly shined shoes;
    baking bread;
    angel's trumpet tree in bloom;
    magnolias in bloom;
    brunfelsias in bloom;
    old time barbershops;
    old time pharmacies.

12. CHSeifert

CHSeifert Active Member

My favorite smells:

Gasoline fumes on the petrol station - just LOVE this toxic smell. Love it :)

Fresh cut grass in the early morning on the first tee at the golf course

The smell of rubber mixed with cloth when you open a new can of tennis balls on the tennis court

The smell of my GF in the elevator in the morning when she wears Chanel No. 5 :)

The smell of fresh brewed strong coffee

The smell of my own skin, when I've just showered, shaved, skin cared and put on one of my favorite Eau De Toilette sprays ;)

13. m0j0j0eman

m0j0j0eman Active Member

Freshly Cut grass.

Freshly baked apple pie

Apple Cider

Freshly Brewed Coffee

That clean smell you get after you just dried your clothes. Especially, washing the sheets with Tide and Clorox. Oh man, that is a great smell.

The smell of a new book

The smell of victory.

voice940 likes this.
  14. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

A couple I've found really pleasant lately: freshly steeped Assam tea and old books (the puck of vintage Williams I used for Williams Week had the smell and I've since been around a few old books and instantly smiled).

15. FortWayneShaver

FortWayneShaver There's a tear in my beer

Winter at night, just after the snow has fallen. It's cold, clean, and has a slightly biting scent. On the flip side I'd say the smell of an old baseball mitt that has been well used and broken in. You put that leather to your nose just before first pitch and take a deep breath, and every good thought from childhood comes rushing back. You can't but be happy.

16. John Janoch

John Janoch New Member

hot butter popcorn & fresh baked cookies are my favorites

17. voice940

voice940 Member

The smell of the Nebraska Sandhills right after it rains (after it's been dry for awhile, and all the plants start opening up), also fresh cut cedar.

18. Shayne Redfearn

Shayne Redfearn Active Member

i love so many scents lol...its hard to list them. heres a few though
    backwoods cigars, sweet and aromatic.
    the smell of fire on a cold winter night while walking outside.
    marijuana. dont smoke it. love the smell though! lol
    fresh ground coffee is one of my favourites!

19. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Cooking, thyme, the smeel of both my daughters' hair when they were babies, onions when they are fresh from the ground I know, some people are weird), wood, leather, oregano, basil.

20. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

freshly sharpened pencil, yes im strange, fresh lavender