SoS: January 30th, 2012 ~ February 5th, 2012

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

Eveline shave gel as preshave
    4/8 Rebell
    Vie-Long horsehair brush
    Gada Cool Mint SC
    Alum
    Nivea lotion

DSC03814-1.jpg

2. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I did say that, and everytime I see an I series I think DB4 or 5...and the J's DB7....Your shave here looked like too much fun so my shave today was inspired by 'Nick'..Thanks

Tuesday morning, January 31, 2012
    Eversharp-Schick I2 Hydro-magic w/ EMS-Personna D1
    Omega 10066 Boar Bristle Brush,
    Arko shaving stick w/ Arko SC Uber-lather,
    finish w/cold water rinse/Arko-Nem moisturizer/Arko Aqua AS splash/Rebul Lavanda Colonia, for a Tree-Climbing, Barrel Throwing,Vine Swinging, Chest Beating, Bang that Gong like Crazy-Shave!

Thats my Aston Martin, right next to the mug with my Pop's mug on it...;)
    And that grey deoderant stick container now holds my Arko Shave Stick, works great!!
    SoS...Schick 2.JPG

Shawna, scott wein, Asd and 18 others like this.
  3. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Mike, I like your shot, quality composition and editing...

macaronus likes this.
  4. MRast01

MRast01 Well-Known Member

Thanks, much appreciated!

5. moz68

moz68 Well-Known Member

iKon Modern
    Polsilver
    Rooney 3/3
    Martin De Candre SS
    Humphreys Citrus WH

Montale - Black Aoud

6. MRast01

MRast01 Well-Known Member

Tuesday's Shave:

Coffee: World Market Coasta Rician
    Prep: Hot Shower, RSC Lemongrass Face Wash
    Razor: R-41
    Blade: Store Personna
    Brush: VDH boar
    Soap: Col. Conk Almond (almost gone, maybe one or two shaves left)

Better results from the R-41 today, although I did reopen a spot from yesterday under my nose. :( Mostly DFS aside from that one. Hopefully I am at the end of the learning curve, not used to any red in my lather in quite awhile.
    Didn't have time last night to set up a shot, and coffee hasn't fully kicked in this morning.

Hope everyone has a great and blessed day!

7. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Tuesday:

Omega Wooden Handle
    Super Speed/7 AM day 4
    Ginger's Garden Ice Mint SS :love029: :love029: :smiley freezing: :smiley freezing:
    Lubriderm unscented moisturizer
    Alcolado Glacial Menthol Splash :love029: :love029: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Obsession For Men EDT

Another delightful face-freezing shave this morning with Irena's Gold Medal Ice Mint soap this time. I'm not really a fan of artisan soaps, but this one is a treasure. It lathers so well, it smells beautiful, and it has a HELL of a menthol effect. The Alcolado Glacial felt so icy and nice afterwards. Sorry, no photos today! ;) :D

scott wein, Asd, alpla444 and 13 others like this.
  8. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Tuesday!

Hot Shower
    Green Marvy Mug
    Omega Scarlatti
    TSD Orange Wheat SC
    Lord L6
    Gillette 7 OC - Black (5)
    Cool Water Rinse
    TSD Orange ASM
    M & L Orange Blossom Cologne

Tuesday.jpg

Sweet shave today! I love it when everything just meshes ... the heavens open and Trix starts singing!! Or something like that ... :happy093:

Have a great day!

9. wknicholas

wknicholas Well-Known Member

Tuesday morning, January 31, 2012

Schick I2 Hydro-magic w/ Schick blade (4)
    Omega 20107 boar bristle brush,
    MWF shaving soap w/ warm water lather,
    finish w/ cold water rinse for a DFS!

MWF I2 10.JPG

Nice lather with the Omega 20107 and MWF!

10. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

1/12 of the way through 2012 already?

[​IMG]

Schick E1 injector
    Schick blade
    Magical mystery melt soap
    Tweezerman brush

I don't have an official favorite razor, but the Schick E1 has to be on the short list.
    My boar brushes get more use these days, but the Tweezerman is a reliable standby, it was my first brush.
    This weeks soap consists of scraps of various melt 'n pour types melted together. There are a couple of types of Col. Conks in there, I know, some of the VdH style Surrey, and even trace amounts of the TSD samples that I got way back when.

Have a great day, fellow Den-izens!

11. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Gillette Old Type BRW Improved handle
    Feather (2)
    Semogue 2000
    Nord Ost Shave Cream
    Nord Ost ASB

A very nice simple shave today.

Thanks Dimitry for the Nord Ost SC and ASB.

scott wein, MRast01, Asd and 13 others like this.
  12. scott wein

scott wein Well-Known Member

I'm going in right now. I had a webinar from 7-10 that I took from home and now will get to shower and shave. What to use, what to use. Your a gutenuh shumah (sp)

crackstar, alpla444 and macaronus like this.
  13. Alebrewer

Alebrewer Active Member

Prep: Hot shower
    Soap/cream: Williams
    Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable I-2 birth year/quarter, (5)
    Brush: VDH boar
    Blade: Lord Platinum (4)
    Cold water rinse
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Old Spice AS

Lathered the Williams using the "Marco Method", and other than being slightly runny, it didn't disappear!
    Next time I'll use my Omega 10066 instead, it's really getting good now after being used for about 50 shaves.

80% BBS, 20% DFS

14. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

Tuesday

Dovo Best Qualilty 6/8
    Men-U Boar brush
    TSD Irish Spring type soap
    Booster June Clover
    Pinaud Clubman

Great shave this morning! I decided to use the Booster June Clover instead of witch hazel this morning and since the Booster scents do not last long on me, I topped off with Pinaud Clubman, which provided a great finish!

15. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

I hope you're liking the Polsilvers. They're one of my favorites.

16. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Monday, January 30, 2012 - night shave!
    1. Prep: Hot shower; Yardley bath bar
    2. Coffee: Locally roasted Panamanian w/ cream
    3. Lather: RazoRock XXX - face lather
    4. Brush: Vie-Long 13061 horsehair
    5. Razor: Gillette Slim @ magical 9
    6. Blade: Super Iridium (1); 3 passes
    7. Post: Cold water rinse; Osage Rub; Kiehl's Balm
    The SIs delivered a nice shave & almost a great shave. I got the worst nick since starting with safety razors just under my nose on the ATG pass. This was unusual as I can go ATG pretty easy here. While my lower neck handled this blade very well even though it's usually my trouble spot. I will definitely have to revisit this blade. Also, the more I use the horsehair it seems the less I'm liking it. I'm just more & more a badger guy I guess.

Shave Rating - Splendid. God Bless!

scott wein, MRast01, alpla444 and 9 others like this.
  17. Latherman87

Latherman87 Well-Known Member

Well today is not picture worthy....as the shave was not my best and will probably come to be my demise.....I got brave today.....at first I started out with my 2 WTG passes and then my 2 XTG passes......here lately iv been adding ATG for 1 pass on each sideburn (the only place I have not ever had razor burn or ingrowns)...well today I said go for it and did an entire ATG pass (which usually messes me up but I have been getting such great shaves with the Voskhods that I figured I would try...Im never going to do ATG again)...then a 2nd ATG just to touch up rough areas.......Had my EJ89 loaded with the mighty :smiley respect: Voskhod so im BBS but I can feel the slight irritation starting to build...I should not have done the ATG pass.....the slow burn is building an its gonna be bad tomorrow I just know it:angry032:

Arko Shave Stick
    VDH Luxury Badger
    EJ89 loaded with a Voskhod (1)
    Pinaud Talc
    Alum Block
    Homemade ASB

What will help ease this abomination that will soon adorn itself on my face?:eek:

Oh and im guessing due to build up... my VDH Badger is getting a bit prickly I read on here shampoo will fix that am I correct? Would Dawn soap work?

18. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

In 50+ years of shaving, I have never had a cut anywhere on my upper lip or by my nose. But, I do not go ATG in that area. One pass N/S, one E/W, and one W/E. Give that a try.

scott wein and macaronus like this.
  19. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

I know you don't want to hear this, but try a Gillette 7 O'Clock Blue blade. I do three passes everyday, WTG, XTG, and ATG and never have any problems.

The best way I have found to clean a gunk up brush is use warm water and mix it two parts water to one part white vinegar and let it soak for about fifteen minutes, then rinse well with warm water. Sometimes I use a little shampoo if there is any left over vinegar aroma left.

scott wein and macaronus like this.
  20. moz68

moz68 Well-Known Member

I do it's a shame they are discontinued. "They come and go" as they say. I like Iridiums slightly better.

CyanideMetal likes this.