The Custom Title Thread

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Queen of Blades, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

You have to keep your eyes open and be very still but every now and then there's a "me" sighting. Glad to see you all still holding down the fort though!

2. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

Well - my custom title goes back before I came to TSD. I am a sound engineer by trade and I came by this title in an interesting way many years ago. I have been involved with sound for almost 25 years now. Most of my experience has been in churches doing sound for there services. I got started when I was still in high school where our church stuck me out in the TV truck (our services were televised) where my job was to sit at the monitoring desk with headphones on and make sure the outgoing signal did not clip. Anyway about ten years ago I had a friend who played drums in a black gospel band ask me if I would consider coming over to his church and mix for their Sunday morning services. It was a mostly black church and I liked what they were doing and they really needed a good engineer so I gave it a shot. On my first Sunday I was welcomed but there was one guy in the band (the bass player) that was skeptical about my ability to "feel" their groove. He didn't really mean anything negative by it but his main reason was because I was white and he just thought I would not be able to connect with the band. They were very very good and they had a great sound. Well by the end of the service the entire church was on their feet and the music part of the service just kept going and going. When it came time for the minister to speak he just said that he felt that the worship from the music portion was so good and was not over yet and he decided not to preach that day because he wanted the band to keep playing. When all was said and done the bass player got on the mic and publicly thanked me for being there and gave me the nickname - Mix Master Mighty White. I stayed with them for 5 years and we still get together and jam from time to time. I also do DJ work and I did an event once where I had to list my "DJ" name and I decided to use that. - How did it become my custom title here - well I mentioned the nick name in one of my first posts here at TSD a few years ago and somehow just about a month ago it showed up as my custom title. Thanks to the Mods! - and now you know the rest of the story!

RyX, richgem, Mr. Oldschool and 6 others like this.
  3. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Now THAT'S some good stuff right there !

macaronus likes this.
  4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    My title should be "I can and will edit my shave"
    I seem to edit 50% of my posts. Either to correct grammer and spelling, or to add new information.:D

Edit: It probably drives the moderators nuts, trying to stay on top of my revisions.

5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I haven't got one yet. If I could pick, I'd go with TSD Mad Scientist, given how my kitchen turns into the chem lab where I make soaps, lotions, candles, etc.

6. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

What would we give Pat as far as I know he is a fellow night shaver.....Hmmm....
    Night Club??
    BBS from dusk till dawn?
    I'll think of something :)

Edit : or we could use his methods to justify buying more soaps

Some think like "+1ml per shave"

PLANofMAN and 5Savages like this.
  7. awake2shave

I could also see slipperyjoe as "Fancy Shavin'"

8. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    I have one... It was given to me by the staff here at TSD, all you have to do is watch a couple of my honing Vids on Youtube and it will become very obvious how I got it :p

I never noticed I said that so many times, but what is even better is my Sister is just as bad, so I guess it was a Family thing :)

9. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

PLANofMAN made me aware of this thread, so I thought I'd drop in and share Steve's Tale of the CT. I was just sitting here, minding my own business, staring off in childlike wonderment at the Miracle of Shaving taking place before my very eyes, when I had an epiphany regarding the whole experience. I wrote about it and it is now a required text for all enrolled in Shave School. And yes, there will be a test.

10. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Well earned!

GDCarrington likes this.
  11. awake2shave

I too must drive them crazy if they review every post :S lol

12. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Well..just got the CT.. and it looks like it was definitely something I said...

13. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

Cool! Nice custom title!

Slipperyjoe likes this.
  14. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Phew. I've had my shots. :p

GDCarrington and Slipperyjoe like this.
  15. Slipperyjoe

Thanks..though now I think I'd better take it easy with the straight razor..:yoda2

16. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

You're just now noticing it, I presume? It's been on you a few days now... ;)

Slipperyjoe likes this.
  17. Slipperyjoe

Thanks..better get my shots..:happy088:

IAmTheJody likes this.
  18. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Richard, apparently you didn't get the shots for chronic clicker hand cramps, eh? ;):rofl:

Slipperyjoe likes this.
  19. Matt F

Matt F Active Member

[​IMG]

20. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Mine was a surprise to me when I get it a few weeks ago, I seem to say the word sweet alot, Hmmm who knew:signs002: (nice to be noticed I suppose)