The Haul: February 20th - February 26th, 2012

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by IAmTheJody, Feb 19, 2012.

1. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Excellent. Great razor. It is my favorite of what is currently manufactured. Enjoy!

2. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Awesome little razor GD. Bill let me take his for a spin a year or so ago and for being so light, it is a really decent razor. The design is about as clever as it gets and the shaves aren't too bad at all. Enjoy and please let us know what you think.

3. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Was a little more than I expected to pay for it, but it was the specific one I've been hunting for, so here's my new baby which should be arriving in Edmonton before I even get there LOL.

1963 Gillette Slim Adjustable I-1, same date code as my Flare Tip SuperSpeed, so now I have a matched pair of vintage beauties!

Attached Files:

4. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

GDCarington - What is your recommended solution for cleaning the gold tuckaways? I just acquired one and while it's in great condition, needs a good polishing.

5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

This is a Tuckaway from Mr. Razor's site.

[​IMG]

Three piece razors are actually easy to maintain from a cleaning standpoint.

You do not need to boil this razor. The gold can be susceptible to plate loss so no boiling.
    First you would want to spray some Scrubbing Bubbles and let stand for about 30 seconds. Rinse.
    If you really want to sterilize, you can soak in a solution of Barbicide or Marvicide for 10 minutes (no more) according to the disinfecting barber and salon instruments, but the Scrubbing Bubbles is sufficient.
    To polish I would use Hagarty Silversmith Polish which is a finishing and protecting polish.

Specially formulated to clean, polish, and protect sterling, gold-, and silver-plated items, the versatile polish can be used to restore nearly any metal or precious-metal object--even those with porous components such as utensils with wood or cork handles, collectibles with felt padding, and other keepsakes that cannot be rinsed. To use, simply apply generously to an item's surface and underside, allow to dry, and rinse thoroughly (or buff with a soft cloth if rinsing is not recommended). The formula's special R-22 tarnish-preventing agent locks out tarnish up to 10 times longer than standard polishes, while its penetrating ingredients combine with the silver's surface to achieve a dazzling patina. Perfect for restoring fine antiques and keepsakes, the polish also makes a smart choice for everyday maintenance of silverware, trays, jewelry, watches, and more.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000CFMQO/?tag=thshde-20

[​IMG]

Enjoy.

CyanideMetal and Asd like this.