Is Tabac Soap all it’s cracked up to be?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by William, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Love the Tabac.

It and MWF are serious contenders against any of the big 3 "T's", DR Harris, etc.

Great stuffs. As other have said, it's all about layering the Tabac with the soap, A/S splash, Cologne, Deodorant, etc.

2. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Yes, the Tabac Shave Soap is good stuff. The scent is a big plus :drool

If only Mauer+Wirtz still made the Dalli-Werke shaving stick

3. Duckster

Duckster Wabbit Season!

Yes!

Tabac is the best soap I have tried (so far). I was hesitant to purchase it because of what people said about the scent, but I like the scent and it does not irritate my skin at all. It produces a rich creamy lather and does not leave my face dry like many other soaps do. I guess tallow-based soaps are for me!

4. jwoods

jwoods New Member

i have to try tabac after reading this got to order a couple of tubs

5. jnich67

jnich67 Member

Indeed you do. Get the aftershave splash while you're at it. Tabac shave soap and a/s are simply some of the best shaving products out there.

Jordan

6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

you can only win with Tabac soap! :D

Joe, as I meant to tell you, the Dalli sticks were da BOMB, but like so many other good shaving things, the companies found them to be non-money makers.

7. Zachster

Zachster Member

I have to say, I've done a complete 180 on Tabac -- I really, really hated it (though I liked the scent) until 2 weeks ago when I decided to try it again. I've been using it now for 2 weeks straight and am impressed with the slickness and the close shave. Previously I had problems with it drying out and making too thin a lather, but now its just great. Go figure...

8. Jim1970

Jim1970 New Member

Hello,

I am relatively new to DE shaving. I purchased a blade sampler pack to get me started.

After reading this thread, it made me want to ask: is there a place that sells soap sampler packs? Seems like a good idea to me!

Jim

9. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I know you can get a sample pack of shaving goodies from Trumpers.

Our store here has great samples of soap for like 2 bucks a pop. They are pretty good sized samples too.

10. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

I don't know about sampler packs, but the TSD Store sells samples of both soaps and creams. EXCELLENT stuff!

Link here (or in my sig block. :))

11. Jim1970

Jim1970 New Member

Thanks for the tip. I visited the site and found samples of soaps. I passed a tip on to my kid for the upcoming manly holiday of Father's Day!

Jim

12. Singapura

Singapura Member

I have Zinc gel, Body Shop cream and Gillette goo-in-a-can (hate that but got it free) but my Tabac stick is the very best.