SoS: March 12th, 2012 ~ March 18th, 2012

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Mar 11, 2012.

1. ShortStrokes

ShortStrokes Well-Known Member

Sunday 3/18/12 0755hrs

Prep: Warm shower with Old Spice Fiji
    Music: The Cars Greatest Hits
    Razor: 1971 SS
    Blade: 7 O’clock blue (1)
    Soap: VHD extra fris
    Brush: Tweezerman

First pass XTG felt really good and close, did some touchups against the grain. Really liked this blade ( Thanks Tucco99 ). Seems like super platinum’s work best for me so far.

DFS

2. byrd

byrd Well-Known Member

So funny story;I have been looking for this soap for almost a year. I read about it when I first started wet shaving, but decided not to pull the trigger because I didn't know how this hobby would pan out and it isn't a particularly cheap soap. It didn't take long for the SSAD to kick in and I have not been able to remember the name of this company for the life of me. I have probably spent no less than 8 unsuccessful hours scouring the internet trying to remember which soap it was that I wanted to try so bad. (I remembered what the site looked like, but not the name of the company or the country of origin.) That being said, how is the soap? More importantly where is the best place for me to procure some?

3. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

saturday:
    Gillette Sheraton
    Perma-sharp super
    Semogue 2011 LE Finest badger 1
    Speik shave stick
    Prof. Blighty's green ginger AS

Sunday:
    Gillette ball end long comb NEW
    Perma-sharp super
    Semogue Owners Club 2 band
    La Toja shave stick
    Thayers Witch Hazel AS and 444 balm

Jamie Mahoney, vanm66 and alpla444 like this.
  4. vanm66

vanm66 Well-Known Member

Saturday, March 17th:
    [​IMG]

Vie Long badger-horse / Palmolive cream / EJ 89L / Astra Keramik / Gentleman's Pride ASB

Sunday, March 18th:
    [​IMG]

Semogue 12705 (horse ) / La Toja stick / EJ89 head + Parker 12R handle (horn) / Astra Keramik / Floϊd Suave ASL / Floϊd ASB

Asd, madmedic, Jamie Mahoney and 3 others like this.
  5. Everett

Everett Well-Known Member

Saturday:

Pre: Hot Shower
    Razor: Merkur 23c
    Blade: Shark SS (2)
    Cream: European Palmolive
    Brush: Omega 10005

Overall the shave was a bit rushed, so it turned out ok, but not the best. Small amount of irritation. I'm gonna try the SS for a 3rd, and then see how my trusty SC compares.

Everett

Asd, madmedic and Jamie Mahoney like this.
  6. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

It is an artisan soap from Norway. So it can be obtained right from the site. It is a nice performer, I love it, but also it is expensive, so when it will gone, it will gone. IMHO, of cause. I have a new tub of cream also, but currently it is rarely in use...

7. scott wein

scott wein Well-Known Member

Sorry I haven't been around much. Feeling slowly better and focusing on work and rest.

Today was a great shave. After Proraso Preshave, I used my Vulfix 404 Mixed to apply Razo Rock Caprician Lemon Artisan. A little Humphreys Witch Hazel, Iced Bourbon Vanilla Milk, and some AV.

With Slanty at the helm, it was a great shave.

madmedic and CyanideMetal like this.