The 2012 Voskhod DE Blade Group Buy

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by IAmTheJody, Jan 9, 2012.

1. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

It pays to read the thread and keep up to date with what's going on. Jody's been bustin' his butt doing all the work involved with this group buy while all we had to do was punch away on our keyboards for a minute or two.

2. Amadeus

Amadeus New Member

Hi there,

that was not a personal attack from my side just a question because I red in the last posts that some people received their blades and yes I have not read the whole thread because I donĀ“t have the time to do so.

Amadeus

3. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Just be patient, One person has done many people a favour ordering 24,000 blades!!! from over seas, wait for int clearence + delivery, then check the order and unpack, then go through each individual order repack and label, and then post out each one in addition to being a moderator on here and having time to him self,
    I cant wait to get mine and try em:) (im gonna delay my shave till later incase there in the post today)

colosilverado likes this.
  4. Mark1966

Mark1966 Well-Known Member

Our pleasure ! Do we really have difficult addresses though?

I'll add my thanks in too BTW - :thanks:

colosilverado and IAmTheJody like this.
  5. Dusty5150

Dusty5150 Well-Known Member

got mine today! thanks so much for organizing this group buy Jody! youdaman!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  6. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

As mentioned in the haul, Just got my 200 blades today:), and thanks again Jody

7. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

Received my blades today,missed out on the first group buy thanks for doing this again Jody!

8. colosilverado

colosilverado Active Member

Been outta town and outta touch. I have received my blades and am grateful for this opportunity to not only be on this board with such great people, but also grateful for the hard work of you folks who make this experience all the better. THANK YOU JODY AND TSD!!!!
    :bounce015:

9. OldGreyGuy

OldGreyGuy New Member

Blades arrived in Australia today, thanks again Jody for organizing this.

Cheers OldGreyGuy

IAmTheJody likes this.
  10. infabo

infabo New Member

Jody, blades arrived here in Austria yesterday. Many thanks for organizing this group buy! My shave today already with a brand new Voskhod - awesome shave!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  11. Mark1966

Mark1966 Well-Known Member

Jody, blades arrived here in Australia today. Notice the spooky co-incidence with our friends in Austria with whom we often get confused :eatdrink047:

Can I add my many thanks for organizing this group buy!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  12. Boomater

Boomater New Member

Does anybody in the Netherlands received their blades already?
    I'm Still waiting......:(

13. senex

senex Member

Just hit Qld, Australia, Thanks for all your work.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  14. marijnr

marijnr New Member

I expect them any moment... even geduld nog :)

IAmTheJody likes this.
  15. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

I've started to do my "official" testing of this blade. To this point the Personna Lab had been my top blade, but I think this one just may take over the top spot. I'm so glad I bought as many as I did.

In the vendor sell-off panic that ensued after this group buy was announced, I bought 300 Ladas. They're not performing quite as well as I had hoped, but perhaps they'll be better in one of my other razors.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  16. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

Not yet, but it won't be long!

17. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Has anyone at all in the Netherlands received their blades yet?

18. Sergio Campos

Sergio Campos Active Member

Sorry, no Netherlands here, but I am happy (quite happy, actually!) to say that the blades have landed in Brasil... :)

I honestly thought I would be the last, but I guess I got lucky.

Thanks Jody, great work. My wife looked at the package and said "more shaving stuff?". When I told her what it was and how much I paid for it she said "good deal!". :)

IAmTheJody likes this.
  19. marijnr

marijnr New Member

Dutch customs are a real pain in the *ss recently, my package from China also takes ages to arrive.

20. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

That would be my guess as well - a hold up in customs. Because it seems the only people that haven't received blades, are in the Netherlands. Although I must admit I'm not familiar with Netherlands mail and customs laws but surely they don't ban the mailing of razor blades? Some countries are always adding more and more things they don't allow to be mailed into their country.