Max Menthol for Menthaholics

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by qhsdoitall, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Yeah I'm not too wild about the scent of that one either. But you're correct -- it's got almost as much menthol kick as the Palmolive, and performs wonderfully.

2. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

I couldn't imagine more intense than Osage Rub. Even that is a bit over my mentholated comfort level.

3. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Osage Rub has *almost* enough Menthol for me.

Not quite enough, but it comes the closest. :cool::cool::cool:

4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Jason, the Gillette menthol cream I had was made in Lebanon, it was sold at a grocery store here in town, and it cost me about 2,99$ CDN, for a 75 ml tube. It took me around 3 years to finish it, so you can imagine how often I used it. Honestly, it wasn't a cream I enjoyed very much.

5. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

I actually like my Gillette Menthol cream so far. I'll have to check the tube when I get home tonight and see if I can determine the country of origin on mine.

If I recall correctly, I scored my from Giovanni.

6. crackstar

The cream's lather, and menthol cooling are excellent, it sure doesn't take much to get it going, I just couldn't cope with the scent. I also found I had to apply twice as much moisturizer after a shave.

7. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Thought I add this here.

8. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Hmmm... may have to stop by a B&BW tonight. :D

9. crackstar

well, I've had the Palmolive Menthol, and Williams Menthol creams for 2 weeks now, and I love both of them. Both smell beautiful in 2 different ways, they both lather crazy good, and give super skincare. I find the Palmolive cream slightly more cooling, whereas the Williams is more to the Ingram level of menthol, which is still plenty cooling.

10. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

To me Osage Rub smells like liquid Ben Gay. Terrible. Mike gave me a sample and it is stil siting in my cabinet for the day that I need a muscle rub for my aches.

Raf

11. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Same here. I just can't use this stuff. I tried to pawn it off on Raf but he didn't take the bait :rolleyes:

Oh well, maybe it'll wind up in the Classifieds area before too long.

12. Racso_MS

Racso_MS Enjoy Your Shave

I'm way out of my league, but:

Proraso pre/post shave, soap and cream, and Nivea Regular After Shave Balm. But I'm a happy camper...

Because I always...

Enjoy my shave...:D

13. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I guess this needed to be added here.

PERMAFROST from Barbieria Italiana

14. crackstar

Guys, I have a Permafrost stick on the way, and I'm hoping I'll enjoy it. I recently received some Palmolive Menthol from Egypt, and this stuff is just about as cooling as the Italian kind, but the scent is different.

15. berzerkeleyan

berzerkeleyan New Member

I gotta throw Baxter ASB in the pile. It's great stuff. Verrrry cooling. Not as long-lasting as Alt-Insbruck, but it's close.

16. Will

Will Nevermind

Anherb and Tryphon. :eek: Shocker, I know. :eek:

17. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

You should have put that in the ASB thread. Geez.. learn where to post. :D

18. Will

Will Nevermind

Wise guy huh?

Keep up the good work.

19. crackstar

well, an honest assessment of Permafrost soap is, it can give your face "frostbite!"

20. Brigadier

Brigadier New Member

Prep pre-shave cream
    Tryphon Permafrost Shave Cream

And anything I lather after accidentally putting 3 drops of menthol EO in my lather bowl!!! :eek::eek::D