The 2012 Voskhod DE Blade Group Buy

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by IAmTheJody, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Red-Leg

Red-Leg Member

Damn Jody, that sucks.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  2. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

Jody, I am in no hurry whatsoever so I'll just wait a bit longer. This sounds like a mess up from customs, as I have had no issues with shippings from the USA to the Netherlands. In the last year I've bought over 50 items from fellow collectors, ebay and webshops, without serious hiccups. I don't believe that this many packages just vanished.

3. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Thanks Marcel. If they don't show up and you get tired of waiting, just let me know what you want me to do in regards to your order.

4. Morked

Morked New Member

My blades also haven't arrived yet (The Netherlands), I think we should wait just a bit longer and hope that they do arrive some day soon.

5. Boomater

Boomater New Member

Still no blades in the Netherlands? At my place no blades arrived. i had to buy a low quality blades, because i ran out of stock............
    Iget the feelimg that the complete shipment to the NL was stolen by a postman who has a serious beard problem.....

howlwolf likes this.
  6. Sander

Sander New Member

I have received a letter from the Dutch customs in which they ask me to send proof about how much I have paid for 'the' package. They do not state contents or sender, so I have sent them multiple proof of payment bills. I have strong confidence this is about the Voskhod blades.

Jody, regarding the last post. You are completely right about when the blades leave US soil they are out of your control. So, in my regard if they arrive it would be awesome, if they do not it is a shame and that's it. It is completely my risk so you do not have to offer any solutions. Please do not worry.

7. Boomater

Boomater New Member

I agree with the former poster, Jody, please do not offer any solutions. I'm not angry or mad. I'ts just a pitty things go so slow. You can not do anything about it. If the blades do not arrive, than it was a waste of money. Personally i got a good feeling about it, aspecially after the former post, that hopefully things will be alright after 1 year:) :) :) :) :)

8. IAmTheJody

Thank you gents. I appreciate your candor. It still makes me feel bad that our friends in the Netherlands aren't getting blades. My offer still stands for anyone that requests it... I'll make it right either in blades from my own personal stock (and hope they make it as well) or via refund, because I don't want anyone being angry at me or The Shave Den or feeling taken advantage of - which I think the latter is obviously not the case since everyone else around the world has gotten their blades but still, I feel the need to state that. :eatdrink047:

colosilverado likes this.
  9. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Just curious, is there any way for those folks in the Netherlands who haven't received their blades to contact customs diretly and find out if they are being held and why?

10. marijnr

marijnr New Member

Hey Jody, no worries! The shipment risk was on my account, as I didn't ask for insured shipping. Also a lot of Dutchies now receive packages that have been in custom for 2 months, so there still is hope. If the blades show up, great, if not, I'll order and pay for them at the shave den store.

:)

11. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Just following the topic. Not sure if this may or if you've tried it:
    Dutch customs maintain extensive information on regulations, in English, on their website:
    http://www.douane.nl/english/
    Â

12. Sander

Sander New Member

My shipping got probably sent back. Did you receive anything Jody?

13. IAmTheJody

Unfortunately, no, I've not received any returned shipments from anywhere. I wish that were the case so at least I'd have the blades to ship back out.

14. Red-Leg

Red-Leg Member

Jody,

With this fiasco in the Netherlands, I would be happy to donate what is left of my blades (180 or so, though they are no longer on the cards) to help you fulfill the orders that have gone missing. I haven't really decided whether I like the blades or not and there is a decent chance they would have been PIF'd in the future.

Regards,
    Darren

15. Boomater

Boomater New Member

Unfortunately, still no blades in the Netherlands. I think we can wrap it up this time....

16. Sander

Sander New Member

Indeed, also the Dutch customs are in the dark about the location of the package. Absolutely ridiculous. They told me that I cannot start an investigation, because they only have a contract with the sender. The package is probably send without signed-for or insurance so there is nothing we can do about it. Absolutely disgusting that they can loose a package and aren't responsible. Well, to bad. :)

17. Red-Leg

Red-Leg Member

The crazy thing is that they didn't just lose "a" package. I think somebody in Dutch customs has amassed enough Voskhod blades to last a lifetime. :innocent

18. IAmTheJody

Exactly. It was a total of 9 packages. They are either held up or someone has hijacked them. Or maybe the ship they were on, sank?

19. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

Maybe it was hijacked by pirates and then the local naval forces intercepted the pirates took over the ship took there ill gotten booty to distorbute among them selves causing a new G.I. blade in the neatherlands.
    At this point it is just as possible

20. kaiser

kaiser Member

I have these blades available locally but haven't tried them yet. Are they really that good?