still lurking around

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by freebird, Mar 27, 2012.

1. freebird

freebird Active Member

hey guys and gals,
    Just thought I'd let y'all know I'm still kicking.
    It's been crazy around here. Dad had knee replacement surgery last Nov. and is still not fully recovered. Mom, who was in the nursing home with Alzheimers, had a stroke 2 weeks ago and passed away a week later. Her funeral was last Wednesday.. Tomorrow I'm having carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand, so I'll be reduced to shaving with an electric, at least for a few days.
    Hopefully when my hands (the Doc wants to work on the left hand after the right heals) get better I'll be back and everything else will calm down to a dull roar.
    Tony

GDCarrington likes this.
  2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Freebird, my prayers and thoughts go with you during this time.

3. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Freebird, prayers for this time in your life. my God comfort you.

4. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your mom, and glad to hear your dad is recovering.
    I hope things get better soon.
    We will say a prayer for you and your family.

5. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Help and healing to you.. Lord bless...

Mechguy likes this.
  6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Father, bless this man and his family with Your grace, love and mercy. Bring healing and peace for Your glory. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Great to see you back!

Mechguy likes this.
  7. freebird

freebird Active Member

Thanks for the prayers and wishes guys, i really appreciate them.

I was granted a reprieve of sorts yesterday. There was a mix-up in scheduling the surgery.
    They told me to be there at 6 with the surgery to proceed at 7. About 7 the nurse told me that
    They had me down for a 10 O'Clock procedure. They did try to call the day before, but I was out but they didn't leave a message,

If they tried my cell they mustve dialed wrong. Needless to say I wasn't going to wait around as my blood sugar was dropping from a night of not being able to eat, so I told them I'd just reschedule. So, I live to wet-shave another time or two before they start digging around in my hand.

8. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

You people are still here? :p You'll be happy to know, or maybe not, I am still alive and kicking. I am back in the workforce after a couple of years of unemployment, I still shave with my Merkur DEs and Feather ACDN, I have 2 big crates of shave goodies that will last me the rest of my life, I was able to save the home from foreclosure, I have my motorcycle but don't ride as much since I had to dump it on the highway, my ADs are alive and well (Aquisition Disorder) with concentrations in Cooking and Epic Fantasy Reading. I was out of horses but my wife found some way to get a new one. Oh, and I am in serious need of losing about 35 lbs. Other than that, pretty much same ol' same ol'. Take Care y'all!

9. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Glad your still here, but very sorry to hear about your sittuation, take care and best wishes.