King of Shave ALS (Advanced Lubrication System)

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by hyperwarp, Sep 24, 2007.

1. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Looked in all of the drugstores in a 5 mile radius of my walk home from work, none of this poison to be found :mad: :confused:

2. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    I don't think it's available in retail U.S.

3. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

Right, in my review I mentioned buying it via Drugstore.com. Also avail at Sesto-Sento (but 2x the $$ than Drugstore.com). That's the only USA places I could find it on the web.

Did Websearch after burning my precious gasoline searching for it at local drugstores, etc. Even the ones that do carry KOS line don't have the ALS yet.

By-the-by, Drugstore.com has free shipping if your order rockets over $25. So I bought a few thinks that we always need (& that don't spoil) like KMF toothpaste, etc to get the free shipping + avoiding 7% TW-FL sales tax.

4. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

According to drugstore.com, there is an ALS cream, and a gel.

You are using the gel, right? What about the cream?

5. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

Jell...

6. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

Haven't shaved since Thursday. Am on software support on-call for two weeks at Planet-Cubicle & the bastardo's have wore me down. So just been resting up.

With this much growth, I really really wasn't looking forward to the shave. So
    loaded the Futur with a virgin ISP. Hopped in the shower & thought about it.
    Was thinking maybe Super-Lather....mebbe...I only have MWF soap on the old theory that soaps are for the hoi-polli & bien piesants (just kidding, just kidding) mebbe....mebbe

Then it hit me up side the head like SWMBO walloping me for being inattentive. SUPER-GOO !!!! Yeah, right, that's the ticket. Never tried it so
    it must be a Great Idea.

Finished the shower & squeezed off a little KOS ALS in my left palm then squeezed off a little Creamo+Creame on top of that and mixed it up in my palm & applied to my hollywood movie star mug.

1st thing I noticed was that the Combo Goop lathers up pretty darn good whereas individually they don't really lather & they ain't 'posed too. Thought
    to myself, Self, this could be a Good Sign or this could be a Bad Sign, a real Bad Sign, a perverse Chemical Reaction on my HMS-mug. This could even be
    a dangerous Chemical Reaction.

But since it didn't BURN, I proceeded to Shave.

Tuff beard, smooth "puddy kat" after two passes. I cudda called it quit's
    right then & there & looked BBS'r/EMS'r than like 99% of the guys on your
    Puny Planet Earth.

Decided on a mini-ATG pass over the upper lip 'n it was a real Glider, no tug at all. I mean a Tug-Job ATG is not the kind of Tug-Job we like, right guyz?
    The kind of Tug-Job we like, is the other kind of Tug-Job. This, tugless, slider pass, though, was ATG perfection.

Finished off with trusty Gem Micromatic around the nasal filtrum. I find the GM to be a horrible slicer'n'dicer for an overall shave but for "nasal" work it's
    perfect. The angle of the head is spot-on.

Result, 4 days nastee uglee growth mowed down to nuttin'. Score Me 100, Razor Burn 0, zippo, zilch, nada burno at all. Wonderful.

Anybody who has ALS & Creamo-Creme might consider giving this SUPER-GOO
    goop combo a shot at shaving yer pug uglee ol'Mug. Heck, when yer done, even You will probably look purdee dang Gud.

BTW - if was really important to look good tonight cuz I got that "feeling" that I'm being "beamed" up to the MotherShip for a high-level alien/earthling meeting...OMG, hope they're not beaming me up for "That Other Thing"....ooowwwie, that hurts (as any Alien Aductee will tell'ya).

7. Woknblues

Woknblues New Member

it's like watching a train wreck, I can't pull myself away... :rofl :D funny stuff. I don't know if this product is worth the laughs you give it, but I think you have me sold, just to see what inspired the prose.

8. Luxlover

Luxlover Member

I just bought the KOS ALS Shave Cream (Mentholated) at Target last week. It was with all the other mens shave creams and gels.

I have used it twice so far and I must say it did not knock me out. I liked the coolong menthol effect but it felt alot like Play-Doh. I did not encounter any ball-bearing feel or effect. It gave an average shave, but did not feel as slick as my Truefitt & Hill 1805 shave cream or my Derby Lavender shave cream, which give terrific shaves.

I use a slim-adjustable , now using an Astra Superior, followed up by an Aqua Velva after shave.

It was a nice refreshing, cooling shave.

I also miss using my warm brush to apply the shave cream.

Luxlover

"What a flthy, digusting job this is" - Dr. Frankenstein
    "I don,t know, it could be worse. It could be raining!" - Igor

9. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Welcome to The Shave Den, Luxlover!

10. Luxlover

Luxlover Member

Thanks for the Welcome.

I am new here. But I have been on B&B and SMF and "The Fedora Lounge" also Giovanni's forum.
    I have been using a DE for about two month's after 25 years of M3 and Canned goo.

I appreciate all the insight's and tips I have learned from all these sources.

I would like to especially thank Michael Ham "Leisureguy" for sending me his book and for sharing his experiences with all of us.

Thank you for the greeting Baloosh.

It seems like a nice friendly place.

Luxlover

11. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

Just checked the KOS company website, the ALS doesn't come in menthol.

Maybe what you got was the "AlphaGel Shaving Gel with Menthol". The AlphaGel is not same as ALS.

The ALS definitely would not remind you or anyone else of Play-Doh, believe me !!!!

No wonder you didn't feel the nano-molecular ball-bearings, the product you
    tried doesn't contain the Lubrinol-12 ingredient. As far as we know, so far,
    no USA retailer that carries KOS has the ALS in stock on the shelves as of yet.

Thanks for the update on the AlphaGel Menthol though, now I know to avoid it....Actually the only KOS product I'm fascinated by is the ALS so I wasn't gonna buy any of their other goop anyhoo....

12. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

Looks Yummy....:roflthe Jell squirts out Orange:rofl but then t:confused:urns White:confused: on application.

A weird chameleon of a product

13. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

Train Wreck would be a Relief as a "handle" other than "hyperwarp". The
    "hyperwarp" is due to traveling at hyper velocity under Warp power during
    innumerable "Alien Abduction"s.

Lemme tell'ya Wokn....the things them l'il Devils do to'ya, hurts like heck too !!! Always a true relieft to :roflwake-up at home :rofl in bed !!!!
    None the worse for wear but "real sore" if ya know wat I mean !!!!

14. Luxlover

Luxlover Member

Re: KOS Alpha Cream ALS with cooling

I really do have the cream with ALS and it has menthol (Cooling).
    I am attaching a photo of what I have bought. The cream is a real light green color.

It is not all that good. It is OK.

Maybe it's just me.

15. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

Maybe that's an old, discontinued product. King of Shaves Site only shows
    a menthol gel, no menthol cream. Regardless...

Here are the ingredients for the product we are discussing:
    Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Aloe Barbadensis leaf juice, Sodium laureth sulfate, Glycerin, Acrylates / C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) seed oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) leaf oil, Eucalyptus Globulus leaf oil, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) leaf oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) oil, Cinnamomum Camphora (Camphor) bark oil, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl acetate, Agar, Cocamidopropyl betaine, Benzophenone-4, Polyquaternium-1, Polyacrylamide, Allyl methacrylate crosspolymer, Propylene glycol, Limonene, Mica, Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Triethanolamine, Magnesium nitrate, Magnesium chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Methyldibromo glutaronitrile, Benzyl alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Orange 4 (CI 15510), Red 40 (CI 16035).

The ingredient in bold is what KOS has Trademarked as LubriNyl-12™

If the ingredient list of the product you Target'd has Nylon-12/LubriNyl-12™ then so sorry you are getting a bad shave. If it doesn't
    list that ingredient then you don't have ALS, just the regular AlphaGlide.
    But sure is sounding like you've got the right stuff but your face is immune to
    the ball bearing effect somehow.

When you have 25 posts here at the forum you can Sell it here on the boards thereby getting most of your money back + doing a good deed for another forum member !!!

16. Luxlover

Luxlover Member

Re: KOS ALS Shave Cream

I am still using it and used it again this morining trying to get that ultra slick glide you guys are talking about. Experimenting with various amounts fo cream and water.

I used my Derby shave cream yesterday in a normal manner, (After shower, Warm water, brush, etc.), and got a smoother, closer shave than with the KOS.

I think that possibly the KOS that you guys are talking about might just be the Gel. Don't get me wrong, the KOS Cream is OK, but nothing out of the ordinary.

I checked and right on the front it says it has the "Lubrinyl -12" etc.
    It is the correct item, it reads: Alphacream (ALS)

Look closely at the photo. I am sorry it is not the panacea we all hoped for.
    As our friend Leisureguy always says. "YMMV"

17. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

That's for the update Lux, I'm using the Gel & getting the best, smoothest shaves of my life. With the Gel, the "ball-bearing" effect would be impossible
    not to notice, I think. It's a "startling" to feel your fingers slide off your skin
    after the Gel is wetted & rubbed around. The drag-free, razor-burn free shave is just borderline Sublime with the Gel.

Prehaps any of the guys who might be interested in trying it should veer clear
    of the "Cream" & try the "Gel".

Sorry your experience wasn't so good.

18. Dr Bombastic

Dr Bombastic New Member

Sorry, but only someone from FL could think that the Aussies have good beer:happy102