Which Bar Soap? And how to store it?

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by Regan, Aug 16, 2011.

1. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Sure thing. I got mine at the grocery store for $1.50. It is not the brand that I linked to, but it is similar. If you cant find anything local I can always mail you one from here.

2. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

I will try to find one. I think it is probably one of those things that I can find easily... But I just cannot actually find one :).

Going visit my parents this weekend so will do some shopping then probably. Will be hitting up ikea for a cheap dresser and look for one then.

Thanks for the offer.

3. Merkur Malloy

Merkur Malloy Member

Thanks all. But I'm way too lazy to be melting and milling soap. :)

4. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

wrong thread? lol

I am going to Ikea and they seem to have some but don't think they are designed for large bars so will have to cut the big ones in half. O well means i can switch up scent or what no twice as fast :).

My shopping list for Ikea is currently... dresser and soap holder. Hope I can get a cheap dresser...

5. m0j0j0eman

m0j0j0eman Active Member

Got the Mistral Sandalwood Bamboo soap in today. I would say it was probably worth it...just this once. It left me feeling clean, left my skin feeling great, and I like the sandalwood smell. Would I buy it again? Maybe. With the condition that the soap lasts me 6 months. 8.8 oz is a huge amount of soap. They have another soap called Cedarwood Marine, and they sent a sample of the smell :happy088:. I like the triple milled soap, but I think I will look around elsewhere to purchase it. For the cheaper price, that is.

6. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

That is good. I hope to find my experience simular with PDP but just at a cheaper price point :). Mine ended up being... about 8 bucks a bar. The shipping charges are just crazy.

7. m0j0j0eman

m0j0j0eman Active Member

Yeah, is it 8.8 oz? If so, that is a decent deal.

8. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Yessir its a big 8.8oz. I hope that the soap I get from Rodd is better though. A much better deal on price :).
    I found it on amazon for a decent price. I am trying to figure out the best place to put the soap to keep it dry and out of the way... I might buy one of those suction cup ones and attach to the back of the shower up high so water doesn't slowly dissolve it and so it can dry off fast.

9. GallagherJ

GallagherJ New Member

I have found wonderfull handmade or cold process soaps on Etsy.com that keep your skin from drying out. They can be used for shaving and hair washing also. Two of the stores we have bought from on etsy were Deep South Soap and also Serenity Soap, both of these sold scents that my wife and kids all liked at reasonable prices. Plus I like to shop with artisans and small shops. We keep our soaps on holders that drain well so they dry as much as possible in between uses to last longer. My wife also stores the new bars with the towels so they stay hard and keep the closet smelling good.

10. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

I plan on buying some body soap from Mystic Water with my next order. If her body soaps are anything like her shaving soaps, they'll be fantastic.

11. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

I just placed an order from Amber soaps.

12. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Lava soap to get the motor oil and grime off your hands and Dial for the rest of you. What more would you want ; what more do you need.

13. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Something that won't dry your skin out.

14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Soaps with shea butter are great if you don't want to dry your skin out. I make mine, by using all-natural Melt & Pour bases. This is less work than you might think, plus, my lavender soap smells great (and consistently so.)

15. Mitch

Mitch Active Member

This is an old thread but I'll add anyway. I really like Dr. Bronners soaps. They are 100% natural, castile soaps. They come in concentrated liquid for, or in bar form (the liquid needs to be cut with water). I am currently using the peppermint in bar form, it's very intense! I have a small bottle of the liquid lavender in my camping supplies for dishes too, since the soap is biodegradable you can use it out in the wilderness and it won't harm the critters. Added bonus.

16. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

+1 for the Dr. Bronner's. I've only used the bar peppermint but it's great. I highly recommend it.

17. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Tried these and they are very nice. Found them in most $ stores.

18. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

+1. Brian/Sharpspine turned me on to it. Currently using Vanilla Sugar.

19. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

http://www.queencharlottesoaps.com/ -- great products

I also really like Nubian Heritage Coconut-vanilla soap (which, I've also successfully shaved with and used for shampoo).

20. voice940

voice940 Member

It's a bit more expensive than the price range listed, but I am a big fan of Thieves Soap. (about $10 a bar, but good stuff when you want to treat yourself, or keep the creepy-crawley cold and flu away)