TDJ/sLICKE disposable blade straight razor

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Lather and Razors, Apr 25, 2012.

1. few days ago, Ive recently ordered that cool looking razor , it will arrived in 2 wks and im looking forward to that and its same mechanism as parker straights im sure it looks heavy razor because of stainless steel handle and robust design
    406339452_837.jpg

macaronus and lindyhopper66 like this.
  2. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Cool! I look forward to hearing how it shaves.

3. Looks really nice, do you perhaps have a link or something in case some of us would want to read up on it?

4. dadvest

dadvest Active Member

I do like the looks of this. I think I have seen them on the bay possibly. Let us know how it performs for you!

5. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Where did you buy the Slick from? I have a Parker SR1 being shipped this week. I just tried a Personna long single edge blade in my old Weck hairshaper. Very close shave, but man is it dangerously sharp. Too many nicks. I'd advise you take it nice and slow.

6. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

With a very light touch, I might add. You can get great shaves with these types of razors but the learning curve can be tough.

lindyhopper66 likes this.
  7. lindyhopper66

I tried the Weck again this morning and am wondering if I can survive the learning curve.

8. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

I sympathize with you. You might try just WTG for a while, then add XTG when your confidence level increases and eventually ATG. Normally with any razor I just do a "with the grain" pass and an "against the grain" pass with a few little touch ups in problem areas.

9. lindyhopper66

I can shave the cheeks and the neck, but not the chin or above the lip.

10. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

I have both this razor and the Parker. The Parker has a better balance,....the TDJ has very heavy scales. Of the two I get consistently better shaves with the TDJ. I have no idea why as the retention system is the same