Fatboy is back!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Turk, May 1, 2012.

1. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Breplate1.jpg Areplate1.jpg Received my Fatboy from Reliable today. Took about 7 weeks but worth the wait. I tried to take pictures tonight but its so shiney that I keep getting too much flash. Will take some more in the day. Here are a few before and after...with more to follow tomorrow. I am having a very difficult time painting on the numbers with testors. Tried the small brush and wiped with a t-shirt but it just isn't looking as good as I would like. I'll have to work on that. Wish I had a low power microscope! Just a note, any flaw in the replated picture is a picture flaw. This thing is flawless. Couldn't be happier.

2. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

Wow turk I have been debating on weather or not to get my adjustable replated I think this may have pushed me over the edge Cant wait to hear your fallow up tommarow

3. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Very nice.

4. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Very nice, a great job I'm sure this made it worth the wait.

5. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Another fine job by Reliable Electroplating.

They have to wait until they have enough razors to do in a batch so as not to waste the precious metal just doing one razor. The wait is worth it though as they do fine work.

6. wlmcad

wlmcad cleaning TSD Route 5

Amazing transformation, I am really impressed.

7. apo1022

apo1022 Active Member

I have a fatboy and wow that looks amazing, they did a great job.Just curious how much did that set you back im wanting to get mine done.

8. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Looks great, Turk! Congrats on your "new" Fatboy.

9. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Glad to hear it worked out so well Turk. Adjustables are tricky buggers to replate.. these guys are good...

10. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

She's looking great, Turk! :cool:

11. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

That's gorgeous! Enjoy!!

12. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

$66 bucks charge on their end for Rhodium plating. Shipping cost from Reliable was rolled up in the $66.00. Well worth the cost.

13. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

More photos of the 59' Fatboy. Some before and after. See if you can figure out which is which. ;)

Attached Files:

14. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

That Fatboy looks familiar wonder why? Hey Turk did you ever think it would be that shiny? Gotta wear shades to shave! I absolutely love mine when Dale got done with it. Cleaning after shaving is easier as well the soap residue just wipes right off. And you wont believe how the Rhodium makes the razor glide. BTW have you used it yet?

15. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

First thing today when I wake up! I so look forward to it. I was comparing it to my relatively new Merkur and its shinier than that! Dale did a great job and all interaction with him and Reliable was excellent. Its so good to know there are small companies out there that still provide excellent service.

16. burnout961

burnout961 Well-Known Member

That turned out great!! Of course now I guess I'll have to get my '61 Fatboy done so it won'y be jealous:D

17. highball

highball Member

Reliable sure does nice work!