Where can I get Hema blades from???

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Chris S, May 11, 2012.

1. Chris S

Chris S Member

I know they're not sold in the States, but I can't even find them online to have them shipped. Anyone have a lead? Thanx!!!

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

3. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

If there a generic store chain brand, they could be a re-branded Personna or other...

4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I would venture that they would either be a re-branded Wilkinson/Schick, Merkur/Timor, or an Russian Gillette of some type. You never know, they could be sourcing from India or China.

Personna is seen more for store brands in the North American markets. However, Personna seems to be moving toward Medical and Industrial blades and less toward the standard consumer market which will more than likely be filled by Wilkinson/Schick since Energizer owns all three.

5. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I'll have a look in the local HEMA over here. See what I'll find.
    BTW, SE or DE or cartridge? :D

GDCarrington likes this.
  6. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

BTW 2

HEMA is an acronym for Hollandsche Eenheidsprijzen Maatschappij Amsterdam (Dutch Standard Prices Company Amsterdam), founded in the 1920's. In the stores goods were sold using standard prices with everything having a Standard price of 10, 25 or 50 cents, and later also 75 and 100 cents. After WWII the standard pricing was abandoned. HEMA has chosen a no-nonsense formula with strong house-branding. Quality standards are relatively high. HEMA organizes their own yearly design-contests.

GDCarrington likes this.
  7. Chris S

Chris S Member

DE. If you find them, I'll gladly pay you whatever they cost plus shipping, and something for your kindness. Thank you!

GDCarrington likes this.
  8. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

I have heard from numerous people that the blades look like and shave like personna's.
    The last time I looked at them, a couple of weeks ago, they were 2 euro for 10 blades. I never used them myself though so I can't comment on their quality.

9. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Maybe they are sourced from the Israeli factory. They do a lot of store brands.

Chris, if you get some, let us know how they shave. Thanks.