Update on the new line of RazoRock soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by blanka, Apr 20, 2012.

1. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

My shipping option was FREE! :D

2. JimPo42

JimPo42 Purported Hand-Shaver

I've never gotten tracking on anything from IB but it always comes fast. Waiting is the hardest part.

3. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Me neither lol.

4. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

Mine was also processed through Chicago last night. Was being processed elsewhere in IL tonight, so I bet I'll have it Monday as well.

5. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

That's what Tom Petty said. :)

5Savages likes this.
  6. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

Monday's a holiday which is a good thing but also a bad thing.

7. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

Would that be Queen Victoria's birthday?

8. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

Ok here we go
    cheech.JPG

The scent of this one hides when you first open the lid. Even when you place your nose flush with the top of the tub.
    At this stage there is more of a orange blossom over tone with a hint of jasmin.
    Once the brush is put to the soap (dense cream would be more acurate IMO) the aroma awakens from its slumber.
    The scent now is just shy of the potentcy of the don marco.
    As the lather forms Jasmine jumps to the fore front in all its glory. I even detect what maybe sage.
    The bouquet as I had mentioned previously takes a floral stance with a stong back bone.
    As I only lathered and massaged my hands with said lather I cannot comment on the lasting power of the scent, because it was covered up with the other two quickly there after.
    I am pleased with this scent even tho it was not exactly what I expected.

nonno.JPG

This one fallows in the footsteps of the cheech. Scent is hidden at the begging.
    Once your lather starts to build so does the potentcy of the sent.
    No real surprised with the scent here, I really like that this soaps sandelwood is not as pungent as others.
    Still there is enough sent to leave a bouquet that fills its potential.

zi pe.JPG

The one you have all been waiting for.

This one was the hardest to come up with a description of the scent.
    Realisticly I do not beleave I have smelled a scent blend like this is my life time.
    I have walked in a tobbaco feild and there are deffinatly hints of green leaf but thats not all of the bouquet.
    I smelled hints of earth and plant I want to say fresh soft clove with moss meets a pepper and green tobacco blend.
    If I had to sum it up in one word I would say spicy.

Here comes My one con so far out of all these soaps. This scent does not bloom like the others.
    I get that such a spicy smell could be too much at full potentcy, but they needed a bit more body.
    I don't suspect much more would be needed to acomplish it.
    Still pleased with zi pe just left a little wanting.

The lather of this line to me falls right about where cella is.
    When using my bowl the lather takes is form in the same way.
    Up until now cella was unique in how if formed .
    I give cusion about and 9 out of 10.
    As far as slickness I would go about a 7.5 or 8 out of 10 not as slick IMHO as Prorasso, cella and a few others but not to far behind at all

This has been my first experiance with RazoRock and I am quite pleased I wish I could congradulate Joe myself on a job well done with the la familia line, but since he hangs out across the street.
    I will say if his other products are as near in quality he will a customer for life in me now.

5Savages and PLANofMAN like this.
  9. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    1 Classic Strong Mint Marvis Toothpaste, 2 Don Marco's, 4 Cumba Cheech's, 4 Zi' Pepino's, 6 Nonno Michelino's and a partridge in a pear tree.

Well, not the last one... but everything else. :) I have a good feeling about this.;) Thanks Blanka, without your post I would have missed this opportunity to try (for the first time) new soap/creams, Italian creams, and new scents, all in one nice package. I hope I like the toothpaste, the Marvis website is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

blanka and awake2shave like this.
  10. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

I will 2nd that!

blanka likes this.
  11. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Crazy, they're working on Saturday, I finally got a tracking number.

12. Neolithium

Mine too. Estimated delivery date May 29 :(

13. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

Most Canadians call it "May two four" :eatdrink047:

14. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

I rec'd my shipping notice today as well :happy036:

15. theblindog

theblindog Active Member

pardon me gentlemen,
    which one is menthol? I just shave with proraso green, and I love it!!
    any of this new razorock has the same cold minty scent as proraso green?

16. Neolithium

It's Victoria Day for me. But then again I'm a Monarchist...I'm one of the many guys here on base that have God Save The Queen as their ringtone ;)

17. SharpSpine

Awesome! You got more than I did.

18. SharpSpine

If you're looking for that then I think your best bet from RazoRock would be the 888 line. It's been around for a few months now & also gets high reviews, but it's different in composition to these La Famiglia soaps.

theblindog likes this.
  19. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

The LOA Mentolipto actually has menthol in it compared to just the Eucalyptus oil in the 888, but I haven't actually used the 888....

theblindog likes this.
  20. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

My package hit Kansas City this evening! Looks like I'm due for some Monday goodies.

BTW, I'll start a separate thread when I know more, but Joe alluded to more new items within he next two months! I know from his past commentary that probably includes the 2012LE soap.