Opinions Wanted

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by americanshamrock, May 23, 2012.

1. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

When I recently got a golden 500 it came with a dispenser with 18 of these blades
    [​IMG]
    I stripped a couple off and they look excellent so I have decided to try one when I'm ready for a new blade. If I really like it (which I imagine I will even though I'm quite happy with the chinese schicks) do I use them as a rare treat or just stick with them till they are gone?
    Here is where I'm looking for input as I am torn between the two options.
    Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom.

2. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I wouldn't plan one way or the other. Just do what you feel like as you start using them.

NoobShaver and americanshamrock like this.
  3. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

I suppose I could just play it by ear. Normally in situations such as this I just use the discontinued item then search out a suitable substitute. Sometimes though years later as I fondly reminisce I wish I was able to use said product one more time. So I was thinking that it might be better to ration them for as long as I could.:signs002: Maybe a mixture hold some back then use the others as the spirit moves me.:signs002:

4. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

My sugestion is to use one blade then stash the key somewhere you wont see it everyday so you wont be tempted. then pull it out for special occasions like birthdays or days you really wanna buy something you know you shouldnt lol

americanshamrock likes this.
  5. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

Well, it's not like there's a right answer. I'd probably use them up before starting on any other injector types, but 18 single injector blades, alternated with SE, DE, twin injector blades, and even the occasional cartridge...where was I? Oh yes, that many injector blades would last quite a long time anyway, since it's a rare one that won't last me at least 7 shaves, and I've gotten up to 12 with some.

It might make you happier to spread them out over many years. Just make sure you store them in a dry place.

americanshamrock likes this.