For those who came late to DE/SE shaving...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by gorgo2, May 27, 2012.

1. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Merkur 34c HD. Still have it and use it in my rotation.

2. kaiser

kaiser Member

1. Lord L6
    2. Yes

3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I started in December, with a Parker 29L. I still have it & use it. Though I am just beginning to experiment with a Super Adjustable.

4. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

1. What was the first DE/SE/injector you obtained?
    2. Do you still own or use that same model razor?
    • The only one I still own is the 1973 Gillette and it is still used in my rotation

gorgo2 likes this.
  5. Cavere

Cavere Active Member

First non cart razor is a royal keen kutter straight razor. Then I got a 1942 gold Gillette tech. I still am searching for a great condition se to be my first.

I still have the tech and the keen kutter. The tech is in amazing condition with the gold still looking new so I'll hold onto it.

6. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Open razor than a Gillette '04.

7. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Merkur 34C. I still have it, but it was put away two years ago and not used since. It got replaced as a daily user by the better performing Edwin Jagger DE89L.

8. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

No. My first DE was a FlareTip SuperSpeed. Just too light of a razor for my liking, plus I just do not like TTO's. I go through a lot of razors though, but will always keep the following as part of my rotation: Tech head on iKon Bulldog handle, EJ DE89L, Gem 1912 Damaskeene, Gem G-Bar, and a Merkur 1904 OC head paired to various handles.

9. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

My first DE was a Merkur 34c HD.

I traded to BattleMunky for a Sheraton.

10. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

This might be cheating a bit, as my very first razor was a DE, around 1971 or 72. I wasn't raised with old school wetshaving, though because I used canned shaving cream, and had no idea what a shaving brush was. My memories of that first razor are vague. It was a TTO, probably Gillette, maybe even adjustable. I was 14 or 15, didn't know or care about models, and it was just whatever Dad gave me. It's long gone. At some point I went first to Trac II and then Atra.

My first DE when I started up again, this time with soap and brush, was a Weishi. It didn't work out that well for me. I found other DEs I liked better, then SEs, then injectors. I PIFed the Weishi to someone else starting out on another forum, never heard from him again. That could be interpreted in different ways.;)

11. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

First DE was a Parker 82R
    First SE was a GEM 1912

I still have both of them, but I don't use the Parker very often - it's just not one of my favorites. I do, however, still use the 1912 on a regular basis.

12. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Pleased, you will be.

(sorry Jody, stole your line)

13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Truly, each day brings new learning here at the Den!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  14. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

Started with a Merkur 34C HD and no, I've found Merkurs and my face don't match up. I quickly moved to a Super Speed.

15. Sargon

Sargon Well-Known Member

1. A Gillette slim
    2. I have it, but don't use it much anymore, partly, because I need to clean the limescale out of the TTO mechinism ( my water really IS that hard), but also because I currently love my futur more.