Russian shaving creams

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by IAmTheJody, Jul 26, 2011.

1. colosilverado

colosilverado Active Member

We need cigars somewhere in that mix.

2. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

My fathers side was actually from Lithuania, mom's side from Ukraine. I have no idea which cities. My grandparents spoke Yiddish, mom speaks a bit, I know a few words.

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Besides Hebrew, I spoke Yiddish and Russian at home, and sometimes German. These days when I get together with my parents, we speak only Hebrew. I spoke only Russian or Yiddish to my grandparents, because they were only able to daven in Hebrew.

4. Brian

Brian Active Member

When will your site be up sir, I'd like to place an order!:D

5. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

If it happens, it'll probably be a ways off as I've got to work on the logistics first.. finding someone to sell me the products which probably means a few someones since there's quite a few products and they aren't all made by the same companies... then getting it shipped at the best possible cost because shipping from Russia is very very expensive and will of course have to be considered in the prices which means seeing if it's even cost effective to sell and will people actually buy at the price point... then building an online ecommerce site which I can do but it takes time making sure everything works correctly. It's not an overnight or an "in a couple of weeks" thing. It's taken 2 months just to get the Voskhod blades for the group buy I did and I still don't actually have the blades in hand as they are floating around in the postal system between me and Memphis, Tennessee. All I can say is I definitely plan on doing this but I can't give a definitive time-line on it. :)

6. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Sounds good to ME :D. The Russian Blade King RISES.

I know you would definently sell some tet-a-tet fast :D. All you need to do is make a couple threads about it and BAM. Sold a couple million :happy102

Looking forward to this.

WO HOOO

7. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I have a friend who is interested in Russian shave products, his wife was born in Russia and emigrated here with her family. I know this thread is almost a year old and I wondered if this was still in the works?

8. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Unfortunately, the costs are just too prohibitive. There is a seller on eBay that carries a lot of Russian shaving supplies and can get others if they are available and you ask. I've bought from him and can vouch for him, at least for my purchases:
    http://myworld.ebay.com/vanagz/

9. kaiser

kaiser Member

I have most of that stuff available locally. Would be happy to trade for products not available here.
    Now looking for aftershave that would "freeze" my face and soothe razor burn :Animatedfrozensmily:

10. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I'd suggest adding TSD M-Bomb to whatever soaps or creams you want. Makes your own mentholated creation!