Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Cars and ships are named after great women, why not a razor. Maybe I'll name my Damaskeene, Nina Simone.

I'm Feeling Good.

GDCarrington likes this.
  2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Then she named your razor "Feeling Good!" Excellent!

lindyhopper66 likes this.
  3. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

You are one "Clever Devil" aren't you....and very appropriate I might add....I think Dame Bassey was right on the money with her name for your razor aswell....Although it looks like you are the one with the 'Midas Touch' in apprehending this jewel...;)
    Congratulations....that is one 'First-Class' act you have there....(and to para-phase Felix Leiter) and that Goldfinger is one fabulous 'shaver...'
    I can hear the conversation coming from Gary's shave-cave now, "Do you expect me to talk, Goldfinger ?"..."No Mr Carrington, I expect you to shave..."
    Gary: Now hear this, Goldfinger. Your luck has just changed. I doubt very much that my Gillette Adjustables would take kindly to what you're doing. Nod your head if you agree... Nod...
    [Goldfinger nods]
    Gary: Good. Now, start shaving, Goldfinger. Shall we say a two pass BBS ? No, let's be generous. Let's make it a one pass BBS.

4. ajdhn

ajdhn Well-Known Member

The last couple of weeks two injectors came into the den.

First a J4 Schick 500 in real nice condition. Nice shaver, too, although a little on the mild side.

LH1.jpg

LH2.jpg

Next was this little beauty I think is an E2 because it has a round spring that moves left to open the blade clamp:

E!-1.jpg

E1-2.jpg

E1-3.jpg

E1-4.jpg

So if this one is an E2, what then is the E type I already had, that I believed to be an E2???? Who can help me out on this one?
    Here they are side to side:

E12-1.jpg

E12-2.jpg

E12-3.jpg

Since I haven't posted for some weeks I think I can get an extra pic in :)
    Family portrait:

F1.jpg

5. kaiser

kaiser Member

Do you like your adjustable Injectors Ajdhn? I'm waiting for one to arrive and wonder what it's like.

6. ajdhn

ajdhn Well-Known Member

Yep, I like them, they are nice razors, especially dialled up to 7 or 8, but that's just a personal preference. I hope you will like yours, too. Great invention, those injectors.

7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I would LOVE to see that same shot on a black, starry background...would look like a kicka** space fleet formation.

ajdhn and GDCarrington like this.
  8. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

IMG_0231.JPG IMG_0233.JPG
    IMG_0234.JPG

My new I1 all cleaned and polished I am starting to think the head is gold plated to shinny for brass.Its not SS like most of the models I see Anyone have any thoughts on what it could be?
    Sorry about the IPod photos it the best camera I have.

Gave a great shave Tonight only my third ever injector shave.

GDCarrington likes this.
  9. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Any good tutorials on using an Injector out there? I have one and while I have been getting good shaves, I think I could use some learning and advice.

10. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

The obvious no pressure, but I find if you hold the head prety much flat against the face, it gives an amazing shave with no chance of irritation. This technique works well on my type L, Hydromagic (given away), and Feather injectors. Thats about it really...maybe someone else will speak out with more sagely advice. :)

11. Bird Lives

Think you nailed it...no pressure and flat on face.....ahhh the simplicity of the Schick.....
    Short strokes if possible....Sometimes its so easy and fun I just fly...slideing and glideing all over my face with reckless abandom.....I can't help myself....lol...
    The blade does all the work...so if its skipping or tugging change the blade....

lradke likes this.
  12. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Just received this holder yesterday. Had been looking for a reasonable priced one for sometime. Well made worth the wait. EverReady metal wall razor and blade holder: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338467086.891231.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338467132.785464.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338467203.031253.jpg

13. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

I like it!

johnus likes this.
  14. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

The only thing I could add would be to make sure you have the correct angle by the audio feedback of the razor. When you hear it really cutting all those whiskers you know you're at the correct angle. That and, again, no pressure. That's really all there is to it.

15. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

If not already mentioned above, some slight skin stretching (similar to straight shaving) can be helpful. Also, choking up on your grip rather than holding toward the bottom of the handle. I find it useful to place my pointer finger right on the junction between the head and the handle. I seem to get a better angle this way. YMMV, of course.

16. kaiser

kaiser Member

Damn, I received my Schick Adjustable a lot sooner than I expected so I didn't even order the blades yet. Tried to order some from Connaught's now but checkout doesn't work :angry032:

17. Bird Lives

Plus 1 on the slight skin stretching....Good point Rich....and try the 'pointer finger' steering...some love this...also try the finger-tip hold at the end of the handle, many dig this aswell....
    And enjoy every minute of having a Schick Injector....They're a treasure...:)

richgem likes this.
  18. Bird Lives

Oppps!!!

19. kaiser

kaiser Member

Was able to finalize the order this morning. Should be here after a week, hopefully in time for a nice long Saturday morning shave :)

20. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

21. Bird Lives

I hope so...I can't wait much longer for the pics and shave review....I know when I received my first injector shave since rediscovering TWS....It was like one of those life defining moments...Hope yours knocks you out aswell...:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.