The "I just got this razor, what's it worth and where can I sell it?" thread.

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Dridecker, Jun 6, 2010.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Mod note: I moved the thread about the alleged KCG razor to this thread as it answers the OP's question without the need for a poll as it relates to The Shave Den.

2. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

I have numerous vintage razors I bought them to shave with, I am not overly interested in their value. To me all my razors are priceless I love shaving with them.

3. KCGRazor

KCGRazor New Member

The owner of Mr-Razor.com contacted me last night in a private message via BadgerandBlade.com. Thank you for letting me know he will be a credible resource for helping us to understand the significance of the KCG razor kit and Gillette family memorabilia that we have. I apologize for misusing your forums as a source of information to help us identify and discuss how to properly valuate King Camp Gillette's personal shaving kit.

Richard Jackson and Conrad1959 like this.
  4. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

Hello all, long time no see. Apologies for my absence on the forums. Like many I found the sweet spot, I figured out what razor, cream, soap, AS etc. that works best for me. That said, I've drifted from the forums for quite a while. After recently moving back to the US I've decided that I'm going to sell off anything that I don't actually use. I no longer want to collect and I know many of these would be much happier in the hands of avid/dedicated collectors.

I've been out of the game so long that I have no idea what a fair asking price would be.

So, I'm looking for your thoughts/inputs/advice. What is a fair price for a NOS Psycho in Mint condition with key?

Thank you all for your thoughts.

SR

Conrad1959 likes this.
  5. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

$1.50 shipped to Maryland please :D

Sorry....someone had to do it....:)

tomnat likes this.
  6. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

LOL, I was thinking maybe 100x that or so. Good one!

battle.munky likes this.
  7. battle.munky

Send cpool22 a msg. He just sold a trio of them. Maybe he'll let you know what his prices were. It's a start.

8. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

Were those the ones that had aftermarket keys made by cooncatbob? I know the NOS/matching key will significantly increase their value to collectors.

9. battle.munky

Yeah....:sad023:

10. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Conrad1959 likes this.
  11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Is the head on these basically a normal Tech head with (presumably) a longer threaded shaft?

12. mr-razor

mr-razor Well-Known Member

The "Psycho" has a normal cap, but the baseplate is fixed on the handle tube:

[​IMG]

13. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Fine specimen, Achim. And it's a T-4 date code, 4th quarter of 1973 - my birth year and birth quarter - which makes it even finer! :D

14. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Start at the beginning of this thread and read carefully. It will answer your question.

15. Maxime D.

Maxime D. New Member

I've seen box of these, recently, on the bay. Was tempted to bid on the whole box, but I dropped the idea when I saw there was not a single key. :-/ A razor that you can't open is kinda useless, I could have find a key but not 10 XD

16. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Keys can be made.

17. Maxime D.

Maxime D. New Member

Nevermind XD I saw customized key for these.

18. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

It's been worth at least 100$ bucks in fun so far, hasn't it???

19. Greg Williams

Greg Williams New Member

Hey y'all, looking for a little advice, maybe I'm not on the right site or in the right forum, sorry. I lost my grandparents last year and cleaning out their house found an electric clippers. I know this isn't an electric site but hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction. It's made by Charlescraft and its a Tru Kut (not Kru Kut) model 65/66. I cant find any reference at all to these in any way online. Im not really worried about making money on it I'd just like to find out about it and find a home for it with enthusiasts like the ones on here. Thanks in advance!!!

20. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

I think your best bet would probably be an antique forum. They have subs for barber supplies.

Unless it's not an antique. I know nothing about clippers etc.