Hello TSD!

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Bluesbishop, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Bluesbishop

Bluesbishop Active Member

Hey Everyone!

I never made a formal Hello when I joined several months, and since that time have been more a lurker than a poster. So, Hello everyone!

My shaving journey started like most start...as a young teenager...around 13 or 14. My twin brother and I were adopted by our paternal grandparents...so our parents were much older than our friends parents. If our father was still around, he would be 93. Dad always shaved with his Gillette DE's....my memory is of a flare tip and a slim. I remember him using mostly Schick Blades, Barbasol shave cream, that he applied with his Stanley Badger brush.....I still have and use that brush..it is part of my regular brush rotation.

Both my brother and I learned how to shave with his DE's and used that till out 18th Birthday when Gillette sent us Atra's in the mail......for years the Atra was my razor of choice. I've used my Dad's shaving brush for years....27 years....not daily, but several times a week.

I've always been into grooming....almost a fetsih...meaning I like taking care of my personal
    appearance, haircuts every two weeks, get my eyebrows waxed, regular visits for manicures, even pedicures...I use to go with my ex wife and daughter to get my nails done when they did....It was family relax time.

I would use Boots, a UK product line as face cleaners, etc...and always enjoyed buying quality product from L'OCCITANE....I made the full time switch back to DE about 7 months ago and have become a self proclaimed evangelist of traditional wet shaving ever since.

I've been very involved in another forum, founding the Brotherhood of the Open Comb, and the BOTOC has a google plus page here. Open combs are my passion...and I preach the the virtues of using them to all I meet...nothing is more efficient in stubble removal than a great Open comb, be it a Old Type Single ring, or a Modern Joris. My brother, Azarius (Arley) is a member here also....and once I made him a convert he jumped in full force.

Those who get to know me, know hat I can be goofy, like to have fun...and even at 48, am really just a big kid at heart.

I am looking forward to getting to know the members here.....you all seem like a great bunch of people...

I wish great BBS to all !

Smoothy and awake2shave like this.
  2. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Well.. a formal hello and BBS to you!.:D

3. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

[​IMG]
    ...to The Shave Den family! :git:

4. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Welcome!

5. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

Welcome, Ken. It's always fun to welcome "newbies" who have so much more experience than many of us welcoming him/her. Looking forward to learning and laughing together.

6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den, Ken! :signs046:

7. Bluesbishop

LOL...truth is we all learn something new everyday...and my rotation of razors, brushes blades, changes.....ask me today what my favorite blade is....much different than it was three months ago. I never thought I would find a razor better than my NEW...but I have in modern razors like the R41 and the Fatip.

8. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

Welcome bro. Glad to see that you posting more than lurking.

I know that you will love it over here, as the quality of posting is very good and the members and mod team are extremely nice and welcoming.

9. Bluesbishop

You got to love a place that has a mod that has the title of " Mistress of Mischief"......and have another mod that has Yoda as a AV!!

Queen of Blades likes this.
  10. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

:signs046: to The Den! Shave and enjoy!

11. kaiser

kaiser Member

I'm new myself, but :signs046:

12. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Welcome and hello.

13. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Hi! Welcome to the Den.

14. Bluesbishop

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome !

15. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Welcome to the Den.

We know you'll fit right in.

So grab yourself a comfy chair,

and give our threads a spin!

Burma Shave

16. Indiexsunrise

Indiexsunrise Well-Known Member

17. Intrigued

Intrigued Active Member

Hi Ken! It's good to see you here! [​IMG]

18. Bluesbishop

Hey you! I'm still waiting for my bagel!!:p It's good seeing you here too Connie!

19. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Welcome to the BOTOC founder and LOSER failure.;)

Slipperyjoe and Azarius like this.
  20. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Welcome to the Den (officially)! Enjoy your stay here and Happy Shaving! :signs046: