What are you eating and/or drinking today?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by MTgrayling, Feb 2, 2009.

1. VANCE723

VANCE723 Active Member

bacon wrapped turkey tenderloin
    butter beans w/ hot chow chow
    stove top

[​IMG]

Azarius and GDCarrington like this.
  2. BassTone

BassTone Well-Known Member

A coooool glass of Franziskaner Weissbier! :eatdrink047:

3. Bluesbishop

Bluesbishop Active Member

I made Greek chicken, with a quick pickled yellow beets, and Greek style green beans

4. April Dawn

April Dawn Member

I made a pot of Dolmades ( stuffed grape vine leaves stuffed with a lamb rice mixture) with Avgolemona sauce and my special greek salad.

5. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

Greek chicken served on flat bread with tzatziki, tomatoes and red onions, Croatian potato salad and roasted Brussel sprouts with garlic, EVOO and sea salt. Way too much sweet tea, as I am still awake.

6. Azarius

Butter beans and hot chow chow...two of my favorite things and I have never tried together.

7. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Lots of Greek food going on here ... I made roasted Greek vegetables and garlic chicken thighs for dinner last night.

8. April Dawn

April Dawn Member

it is funny..I cook greek food at least once or twice a week :)

9. Bluesbishop

Bluesbishop Active Member

Made baked buffalo chicken breast , with a greek salad, homemade sweet pickled beets and peppers with a side of cottage cheese.

10. April Dawn

April Dawn Member

Baked Salmon with dill, Brussel sprouts with roasted garlic and wild rice with portabella mushrooms Desert Greek yogurt topped with fresh raspberries chopped strawberries and granola

11. Azarius

Complete garbage....but my belly was crying for it.

Wendy's Double Baconator, Chili Cheese Fries, and a Cherry Coke to slurp down my 11 medications.

Oh my.

Don't tell my doctor, she will kill me.

12. April Dawn

April Dawn Member

I think I will call her in the morning ..Your belly is EVIL

GDCarrington likes this.
  13. Latherman87

Latherman87 Well-Known Member

This evening was a good little snack!! Had 2 Johnsonville Cheddar Brats via hot dog buns topped with mustard......with a large pile of Small Curd Cottage Cheese topped with salt...pepper and cheddar cheese.....and an ice cold Coca-Cola!!

14. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Chow this evening was pretty simple but good: Beans and rice with an ice cold beer.

15. April Dawn

April Dawn Member

I am being a lazy woman and eating food I order from my home town in Illinois. I am in Maryland for now and I have never found any Italian beef like Portillos in Chicago! They are by far the best ever and they ship the beef, gravy, buns , roasted sweet peppers and Giardiniera anywhere!​
    It Arrives individually packed ..just defrost and heat up YUM!!!!!​

16. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

It was yesterday actually, but it was Brazilian Rodizio and capirinhas. I think I ate the equivalent of a large pachyderm's worth of tasty roasted animals.

17. gollum83

gollum83 Well-Known Member

Oh you poor, poor man. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I'm jealous. I haven't been to a good rodizio in a while. Granted there's only two I know of in the metro Detroit area, but oh, if you love meat, it's like dying and going to heaven.

GDCarrington likes this.
  18. Conrad1959

Conrad1959 Well-Known Member

My post should probably go to the Junk Food Thread but as far as I know that thread does not exist. Today my wife and I took our two grandsons to lunch and the movies. The boys picked Steak and Shake for lunch. I had a double cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, mustard, mayo and extra pickles. Also, French fries. I suppose I should feel guilty but since I passed on the chocolate shake, the guilt was short lived. I'd say 5 seconds. The movie was The Avengers. The movie is worthwhile if you like futuristic weaponry, or great special effects, or Scarlett Johannson, or noise.

Queen of Blades likes this.
  19. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Yes, even *I* feel sorry for me. <sigh>

Tonight's treat was birthday cake (actually raspberry almond torte) with my 3-year old godson. :)

20. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Vegetable soup with basil from the garden and eggplant, zucchini, butter beans, diced tomatoes, corn, vinegar, lime juice and olive oil. The first Whopper tomato from my garden with some avocado and a Bear Republic Race 5 India Pale Ale beer.

Conrad1959 likes this.