speick splash as seeing what else is out there

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by chappys4life, May 29, 2012.

1. chappys4life

chappys4life Active Member

I really enjoy the smell of the Speick splash aftershave and my bottle is getting empty so I was debating trying something else. On that style of smell any good recommendations? Now I use Nivea ASB sensitive then splash on the Speick as I love the smell.

2. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

I'm a fellow Speick fan, but am curious if you might like to try something entirely different rather than getting different that's almost the same. And why are we whispering? hehe

3. chappys4life

Sorry not sure what happened but I fixed it. I really like the style off the smell so something similar or in that category would be preferred. I have tried some of the t&h (cant say the 1805 though) ones as they came in a sampler and cant say I was sold on the smell but it was a great balm for moisturizing.

4. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

I don't necessarily have a recommendation at this time, but your question made me wonder about the possibility of making any dramatic changes to my scents in the near future—my two daughters already associate that Speick AS with me now. It's become a "daddy" scent! I didn't put it on following one shave, and my 4-year-old asked me why I didn't smell like I'm supposed to.

I'll wait for others to chime in, though, as I'm curious to see some responses to your question as well, chappys4life.

5. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I have never smelled anything like Speick before, so trying to find something similar may be a challenge.

6. chappys4life

No input on this?

Richard Jackson likes this.
  7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sorry. Nope.

8. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Speick soaps, AS, etc. all contain a rare mountain variety of Valerian root or "Speick" in German. It is the only product in the world that uses it. Nothing else smells like Speick. You'll have to find something else in the smell department.

9. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

:signs011:

10. ajdhn

ajdhn Well-Known Member

+1
    It is a truly unique scent. Which reminds me that I have to get me some, finished my bottle of Speick a year ago. :)

11. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Royall Muske is to die for ... IJS. :D

12. BassTone

BassTone Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know how much this helps, but I find the Taylor of Old Bond Street - Eton College to be a fine cologne to follow up after the Speick AS, so perhaps the AS version of the Eton College scent might bot a good choice??? I like the way the two meld together. Personally, I'd just buy another bottle Speick and enjoy it. It doesn't linger, so you can transition to whatever you wish, cologne wise.

13. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

I just finished a bottle of proraso splash and moved onto a bottle of speick splash. Seems like these 100 ml bottles last about 3 months of daily use for me.

The speick is a unique scent and I like the way it works.
    My next splash up for use after speick is finished will be
    Kramperts frostbite.