Update on the new line of RazoRock soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by blanka, Apr 20, 2012.

1. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Yeah, I guess I am. But it really is that I'm a huge fan of coconut oil in general & all of its health benefits.

2. chappys4life

chappys4life Active Member

After everyone has tried them which scent do you think is best? I would like to know 1 & 2 as I am debating trying some.

3. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

I have tried any of mine, not even to make a test lather, but I find the Zi Peppino to have the best scent. Cumba Cheech & Don Marco are equal to me, and I didn't get the sandalwood.

4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Not that simple. If you like Fruity, Sweet or Citrusy scents:
    1. Don Marco
    2.Cumba Cheech

If you like Spicy, Mellow, Herbal Scents
    1. Zi' Peppino
    2. Nonno Michelino

They are all good. If you have sensitive skin you may wish to avoid Zi' Peppino. I had a very mild reaction to it. Not enough to keep me from using it, but enough that it will never be my favorite cream/soap.

5. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

My favorite has to be the Zi Peppino with Cumba Cheech in second followed by Don Marco in third. I didn't get the sandalwood. For me, I find that the Zi Peppino scent lasts longer than the other two. Now, that may be a factor of my skin or my nose; don't know.

6. SharpSpine

The first 2 are easy for me...

Clear Winner: Zi' Peppino
    Distant 2nd: Cumba Cheech
    3rd: Don Marco
    4th: Nonno Michelino

Initially the Don Marco was last, but it really smells much better when lathered than it does out of the tub. It loses the cloying sweetness and develops into a more complex scent that I really like. To me all of the soaps smell much better and deeper, more complex when lathered. I'm not a huge sandalwood fan, but the Nonno Michelino is light enough that it's very pleasant to me.

As mentioned above, the Cumba Cheech and Don Marco are more fruity and sweet. I could use the Zi' Peppino every day with an occasional blast of fruitiness from the Don Marco. I could easily shave loyally with the LaFam soaps for a very long time and remain very happy and content.

7. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    The problem I had with the Zi' Peppino (mild irritation and a sensation of heat) finally became clear to me. Ever since I was little I've been allergic to tobacco. I don't often think about it because I'm a smoker (go figure) but if you are allergic to tobacco or tobacco smoke, you may want to avoid this one.

8. SharpSpine

Sorry to hear that Ryan. I personally don't get any smoky notes from it at all. It's a fresh tobacco flower scent that I'm becoming more aware of here where I live as they raise a lot of tobacco. Still, if it irritates your skin then it shouldn't be used. I doubt you'd have much trouble unloading it to someone else.

9. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Smoky notes? I never said it had smoky notes. I said I am a smoker, I am allergic to tobbaco, and I have an allergic reaction to the tobacco flower essential oils they use to fragrance Zi' Peppino. Which is a real pity because it is my favorite scent of the four.

10. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

My next door neighbor is absolutely obsessed with Don Marco. So much that I gave him my bottle of DM ASB.

11. SharpSpine

Well then forgive me. I misread, misremembered, something. I'm not well. I say you quit smoking and then maybe your face could handle the Zi' Peppino! ;)

12. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Of course, I just quit smoking a few weeks ago and I've long since gotten rid of my Zi' Peppino. :( I couldn't have known back in June.:p

13. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

i had a great don marco shave night...

used don marco soap, don marco splash, and don marco balm.

orangey goodness at its best