Truefitt and Hill frustration

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Monkeyboy, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy New Member

I would think twice about purchasing a razor or any products from Truefitt and Hill.

I ordered a carlton razor and when I got it the head had dozens of fine scrathes on it. Also the chrome plating had areas that were raised or bubbling up and had quite a few nicks in it. It doesn't come through in the pictures totally but it looked terrible.

T&H then had me pay to send it back to them and weeks later they say they never received it so are refusing to refund the $100 I paid for it. Frustrated to say the least.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I'd be raising a stink with a barrage of emails to them, and phone calls. It's not the customer service you'd expect from a company like T&H.

trader ron and Slipperyjoe like this.
  3. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

I dito that!..

4. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy New Member

They just keep saying they called the warehouse and they haven't seen the package. I think part of the problem is that they have a third party company handling their merchandise for them in a huge warehouse.

5. Neolithium

IMHO that sounds like a "them" problem. You're a customer that purchased a product which was below standard, and followed their instructions. Now it's time for them to make good on it. Plain and simple ;)

6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I'd suggest pointing them towards this thread and any others you may have posted online.

PLANofMAN, wlmcad and Neolithium like this.
  7. wlmcad

wlmcad cleaning TSD Route 5

JoAnna is right you need to apply pressure to their bottom line!

8. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Hit them with the tracking and delivery confirmation number. You did pay the extra $0.75 for that, right?

Your pictures show a poor polish before plating job. T&H is one of those Chinese vendors right? A real British company would never sell shoddy product and have poor customer service. I'll boycott them until they make it right with you. It's not like there's a thousand other shave soaps and creams out there.

9. Neolithium

TBH from what I've been reading the T&H soaps and creams have been doing downhill in quality as well. I've been avoiding them specifically due to the reviews they've had for the past year or so.

10. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

Unfortunate, I love 1805 shave cream, but this certainly makes me think twice about purchasing it again. Keep us posted on how respond. You've got a large audience they should care about 100% behind you.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Gorgo, I hope you can resolve this soon. If not, I hope you contact your credit card company & contest the charge.

12. VANCE723

VANCE723 Active Member

thats unfortunate & i would be miffed as well.
    i use their trafalgar creme & ASB & will think twice about taking a 80 or so mile round trip to the closest retailer when i run out

13. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy New Member

Another round of emails and they keep giving me the same response, that they are continuing to wait for it to show up. I don't think there's a chance that USPS has it tied up in shipping for over a month.

14. Neolithium

Well. T&H was on my list to try out for a while, because of this customer service and the dismal reviews their latest batches of soaps & creams - they're right off my list now and unlikely to get back on it considering what other companies will do for their customers.

15. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy New Member

Neo, the quality of the razors obviously seems in decline also. I had thought they used the same heads as muhle but looking at the photos I took again the pieces of the head don't have the perfect, snug fit that my Muhle and EJ razors have.

If the razor got lost in the mail or misplaced in the giant Servex company's warehouse where they operate out of that's one thing but the fact remains that they provided me with an unacceptable product and are refusing to offer a refund.

16. Slipperyjoe

It's funny..there's a video out with this German fellow aka "The Paster" where he talks about his TH razor and how happy he is with it. Looks a nice one but perhaps that was then and this is now.. Stuff like this often happens when such an organization starts to slide. If that's the case here then it's really too bad..TH is a very old and well respected company...

17. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I've really enjoyed my T&H products, but the price means you're paying for 1) high end scents and 2) top notch customer service. If they can't deliver on both, they're simply over-priced IMHO. Consider me part of the boycott until things are set right. Not sure how much I'd purchase anyway as the only product that really stands out enough to me to justify the price is the 1805 cologne and the 40% full bottle I have will last another year.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  18. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    To add insult to injury, the razor they sent you was most likely a rebadged Parker. I know Rooney sells rebadged Parkers.

19. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy New Member

I was looking at the EJ Chatsworth and went with the T&H largely because of the praise in this video. Certainly looks like quality is since on the decline. I definately would not have shelled out $100 knowing I was getting a rebadged Parker.

20. Slipperyjoe

You seem to have decent razor handle there so if you don't get anywhere with TH why not pick up a ten buck Lord Smart and swap out the handle. The Lord's head is basically quite similar I believe to the TH and it might function better for you if the TH does not shave properly. You can also use a Tech head though the balance might be a tad more handle heavy.. anyways good luck whatever happens and sorry for your trouble...