The Haul: June 25th - July 1st, 2012

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 25, 2012.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

2. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

On my way to visit my dad in the hospital Saturday, I stopped at an antique mall with my boys. My youngest son loves looking for books at antique malls and he conveniently just finished reading the book he brought about 5 miles before we passed the mall. He found a few classics...Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Rip Van Winkle, and a couple others.

I saw three straights, three SE razors, and three DE razors. The one that came home with me was a GEM OCMM, in great shape, with case, for just $8 or $9.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Conrad1959, byrd, Asd and 9 others like this.
  3. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Sweet razor, Im waiting for one in the post (but after seeing yours I want it now:()

4. Indiexsunrise

Indiexsunrise Well-Known Member

Got these in today! I also got an old TOBS container for my Franken'soap.( Vdh deluxe and new Williams grated together) promptly melted the Pineapple soap down into the black container. The Bourbon Vanilla is HEAVEN!!!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340670608.464382.jpg

Conrad1959, Asd, Smoothy and 7 others like this.
  5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Avon Eau De Cool splash on refresher from the early '70s, I believe. A light citrus-bergamot fragrance, best I can tell. I think it was intended for women but a guy can get by with it; makes a great a/s. I like it so much I've got 2 more bottles inbound and want to tweak one, maybe with lime or cedar, plus the M-Bomb when it gets here. Bottle's about 7" tall, btw, and would just beg for some menthol-based refill when this juice is gone.

EDIT: A few drops each of pine and cedar EO, plus a dash of Stetson cologne, have made this into a unique, darn fine a/s. The bergamot is still there but is backed up by the additives. I think I'll leave menthol out as it's already got just a touch of it.

Next bottle I get is going heavy on the lime and menthol.

Attached Files:

Conrad1959, Asd, Smoothy and 3 others like this.
  6. chappys4life

chappys4life Active Member

Got my Semogue 830 in and a few Gillette samples to fill out what I had not tried yet.
    [​IMG]

Conrad1959, Smoothy, 5Savages and 4 others like this.
  7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Box of 90 perfectly mint carbons. Edges look fabulous. Will be tonight or tomorrow's shave.

[​IMG]

Conrad1959, Asd, richgem and 3 others like this.
  8. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Did it again. Came yesterday. Another Gillette '04 WW1 razor US Army. Love these razors. Fantastic BBS shave in 2 passes. If I only had one. It would be this one. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340813008.901761.jpg

Conrad1959, MoAllen, tomnat and 6 others like this.
  9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I like that hone!

johnus likes this.
  10. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

300 more Astra SPs bringing my stockpile up to a 26 year supply. I'm not sure it's enough even though that doesn't count SE and injector blades. :ashamed001:

11. Indiexsunrise

My Vie-Long Peleon come in today!
    My first "good" brush added to my collection.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340847537.534937.jpg

Conrad1959, Asd, lradke and 6 others like this.
  12. IAmTheJody

If this thread is any indication, "good" is subjective when it comes to Vie-Long.... It looks awesome though! Is it horse hair?

13. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

Just a bad knot. my other Vie-long brushes have lost 2 or 3 hairs when I test lather and that is it. Just a shocking way to start the day.

14. Indiexsunrise

Yep horse hair 35/65 mane and tail. I lathered it up a couple time before I used it with my frankensoap to get the smell out. Lathered my forearm those two times maybe lost 3 hairs total. Face lathered some C.O. Bigelow and it was awesome super soft and has a really good backbone and held WAY more water than I thought it would for the price I would recommend it. It does seem a little floppy though but I don't mind so much.

Conrad1959 and IAmTheJody like this.
  15. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

It has been awhile since my last haul I got these in the mail yesterday thanks again Oscar11

IMG_0282.JPG IMG_0284.JPG

As usual my camera doesn't do justice to how good of shape these razors are in.

The blue one in a Henrey sears co. "Blue Steel" circa 1885ish My 100 year razor.
    Used it last night as my first ever straight shave. 3 Pass DFS+ no blood.

The other is a revamped Gold dollar that Oscar/Steve threw in the mix for free.

All I can say if you ever get to deal with Oscar you will learn just how great of a guy he is!

Asd, lradke, Hanzo and 1 other person like this.
  16. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

I love the scales on the black/grey one. May they shave you well for many years to come.

17. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

gorgo2 and tomnat like this.
  18. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

YES! My G Bar came in the mail today. It is a bit scratched up on the head...but it still has its mirror finish. :) other than that it is pretty much in tip top shape. :D

I have been looking at getting one for a little while, but I could never find one for a decent price. This one was bit more than I would have liked...but it was still cheaper than on the Bay.

I will put this fine razor in use tomorrow morning. I have read many good things about it and hope it lives up to the praise.

Anyway, here are some pics. :)

uploadfromtaptalk1340938801459.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1340938820188.jpg

Conrad1959, Asd, tomnat and 2 others like this.
  19. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

P1040108(1).JPG
    Old razor 3 piece, needs a good clean!!

P1040119(1).JPG
    100 Nacet blades, 4xLider classic, 2xBond shave crean and one Bond ASB.
    P1040117(1).JPG
    Wizamet W-11 Adjustabe

P1040112(1).JPG
    Rotbart travel set,

There was also a Gillette black beauty in the haul very good condition on x4 date code, may put picture later if I have time:).

Conrad1959, Asd, Hanzo and 8 others like this.
  20. IAmTheJody

Lider is fantastic soap! Good stuff! Excellent haul all the way around!