*Archived* GemStar Customs

Discussion in 'Vendor's Corner' started by gssixgun, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Griz

Griz Member

All are great, but that is one DFS (Damn Fine Set) for sure. Thanks Glen.

Will N

2. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    Just finished putting up two more DFS razors on the website there is quite a good selection on the For Sale Page...

a Griffon #67

[​IMG]

a King Razor Mfg #99

[​IMG]

Both are spotless with no rust, patina, or crud inside the scales [​IMG] and priced right also

Take a second and look at those two and many others here For Sale - Gem Star Customs

burnout961 and GDCarrington like this.
  3. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor
    First a beautiful WH Morley "Clover Brand" is now on the website​

[​IMG]

And a Weekend Special !!!!

I bought this DublDuck GoldEdge with the intention of doing a full custom restore on it, but after working the steel decided that it would never "Look" perfect so I went the other direction...​
    I snapped these pics using a high contrast setting to show the left over scarring at it's worst, in the hand the razor looks much nicer, but I want nothing to go unseen on this deal...​

The edge was never touched and I will guarantee it to be an exceptional shaver

The blade measures an exact 6/8 with the bevel set, I will include "Choice Honing" at no extra charge on this razor which means I will complete the honing with any finisher I have at the new owners request... DD's are so well behaved on the hones that they will shave off of just about any stone [​IMG]
    The scales are a off a Dovo and fit perfectly...​

If you wanted a DD and wanted it at a low price, this is your chance, try finding one this nice, at this price I dare ya !!!! [​IMG]

It is SOLD!!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Prices and more info on the "For Sale Page" on my website For Sale - Gem Star Customs

Thanks for looking​

And a Heartfelt Thank You to our Veteran's for their Service and Sacrifices​

Have a Great Weekend Folks, I will be in and out all weekend so First e-mail on the website takes the razor but it might take a few hours for me to answer [​IMG]

GDCarrington, Queen of Blades and DLP like this.
  4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Glen on the dubl duck was the blade formed with what looks like indentures?

5. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor
    That is the leftover scars from the rust cancer that was on the spine, it looks way worse then it really is, anytime there are faults in the razors I adjust the Contast to show them at their worst, so that when someone gets the actual razor they are happy, rather then mad :p

6. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor
    Just put up more barber hones so there are 2 Champion hones up there and a Mint Shumate that is slicker then ***** well it is darn slick [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also a really nice Clauss

[​IMG]
    Gemstar DFS Razor #158
    Brand: Clauss
    Origin: Fremont Ohio USA
    Steel: Carbon
    Size: 11/16
    Grind: Bellied Full Hollow
    Point: Square
    Scales: Celluloid Tortoise Shell with bolsters
    Jimps: Bottom
    Honing: Henckels 1-3-8, Thuringen

This razor is in near perfect condition in and out, very very lightly polished just a great shaver to have in the collection, the scales show no warp, and the razor closes center and tight

Coming up in the next few days will be quite a few razors from my personal collection, I have finally decided it is time to free up some space... Several more DFS razors will be up tonight or tomorrow morning...

Find all the prices here For Sale - Gem Star Customs

alpla444, PLANofMAN, Smott and 4 others like this.
  7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Very nice on that Clauss!

gssixgun likes this.
  8. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Beautiful work as always Glen! Can't wait to get home and try out that Dubl Duck and load up a few more vintages from you!

gssixgun likes this.
  9. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor
    Many thanks on the comments gents !! I am just reloading the selection, and will continue to add

More and More
    [​IMG]

Gemstar DFS Razor #159
    Brand: The Eddy Mfg Co.
    Model: #40
    Origin: Worcester Mass. USA
    Size: 5/8+
    Grind: 1/2 Hollow
    Point: Spike
    Scales: Original (restored) Celluloid (very slight warp) closes perfect
    Honing: Chosera 1k, Henckels 1-3-8, Thuringen

The Razor has been fully restored, and taken back to original, The steel is near perfect Satin, with no visible hone wear just a beautiful razor and clean as a whistle [​IMG] Nice smooth shaver

[​IMG]

Gemstar DFS Razor #160
    Brand: Nderes
    Model: #1
    Origin: Albert Lea Minn. USA
    Size: 5/8
    Grind: Full Hollow
    Point: Spike
    Scales: Original Celluloid
    Honing: Chosera 1k, Henckels 1-3-8, Thuringen

This razor is near Mint, I took it apart and cleaned it up with a very light polishing on the steel, and a buff and polish of the scales.. There is no visible hone wear, and just clean shiny steel ...

alpla444 likes this.
  10. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor
    And yet another DFS :)
    [​IMG]

Gemstar DFS Razor #161

Brand: AW Wadsworth
    Origin: Germany ca 1905-1936
    Model: XLNT
    Size: 5/8+
    Grind: 3/4 Hollow
    Point: Square
    Scales: Slick Black Original Celluloid
    Honing: Naniwa 1-3-5-8-10-12

This razor is in near perfect condition in and out, very very lightly polished... These razors live up to the XLNT (excellent) namesake, they are exceptionally smooth shavers and the Naniwa progression really brings that out... The grind is just off a full hollow so I called it 3/4 it still has a bit of zing when stropped...

esveka and alpla444 like this.
  11. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor
    George Wostenholm Custom
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Beautiful Honey Horn scales polished out using the 3M 400-600-1200-4000-6000-8000 polishing cloths then hand buffed to a high gloss sheen, wrap themselves around this razor... The wedge is a piece of Recon Turquoise, the pins are Nickel Silver with SS washers on the outside, and Brass bearing washers on the inside.. The razor closes tight and centered..

The steel is made by George Wostenholm & Sons Sheffield England .. It is a 6/8 sized IXL (I excel) razor and has a Spike Point, it was very lightly buffed and polished to a near perfect Satin Gloss, there is no visible hone wear on the spine either..

The razor was honed to an incredibly smooth edge using a Chosera 1k - Belgian Blue Whetstone - Select Grade Coticule then stropped in to a true "Shave Ready" condition

This razor just went up for sale on the website Thanks for looking​

lindyhopper66, Smott and alpla444 like this.
  12. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I like ...

More and More

And yet another DFS

and the George Wostenholm Custom!

Excellent work!

13. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Beautiful Glen. The depth of gloss on the scales is wonderful, almost like a clearcoat.

14. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Simple and yet elegant on all the restorations there Glen, great work :)

15. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor
    Just a couple more for June

First is another DFS that I put together specifically for a beginner

[​IMG]

Gemstar DFS Razor #162

Brand: Levering Razor co.

Origin: Hamburg Germany

Model: "The Artist" B

Size: 5/8

Grind: 1/2 Hollow

Point: True Round point

Scales: Blue, Black, White,,,Patterned - Not Original

Honing: Chosera 1k Henckels 1-3-8, Thuringen

Next another Sheffield made Custom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gemstar Custom Razor #56

This is a restored Frederick Reynolds out of Sheffield England, it is an 11/16 hollow grind with a Sheffield style Oblique point.. The steel is not perfect there were a couple of spots on the tang and one spot on the backside of the blade at the spine that show a tiny bit of damage from the rust that was on there.. These are all clean and shiny steel but it is there.

The scales are G-10 Grey and Black, the wedge is the original Lead one off the old scales, pins are Nickel Silver with stacked SS washers on the outside and Brass bearing washers on the inside...

The razor is balanced out nicely to the tang because I took the thicknessss of the scales down to about 1/10, it just feels really good in the hand.

The razor was honed to a nice smooth edge using a Chosera 1k - Belgian Blue Whetstone - Select Grade Coticule then stropped in to a true "Shave Ready" condition...​

Smott and DLP like this.
  16. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

once again, beautiful work. Love the blue scales.

17. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Awesome, Glen! I really like that #56. It's sleek looking with a kind of modern feel.

18. Martin Porter

Martin Porter New Member

One day, just one day soon!

19. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

Oh my!! Glen, this is the first time I've looked at your work and it makes me want sell all my DE blades and jump head first into the world of straights! BEAUTIFUL!!!

GDCarrington likes this.
  20. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Pat, are you saying that before or after you have gone to his website. Because if you have not gone to his website, well, you are in for more beauty!