-New- Burts Bees for Men's Prodcut Line

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by TraderJoe, Oct 6, 2007.

1. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Burt's Bees is out with a new Men's Product Line:

Shave Cream (non lathering)
    Aftershave Balm
    Cologne
    Soap Bar

Its not on their website yet, and I can't find any more information on the web yet...........but I have seen and tried the balm and the cologne.

The smell is very similar to "Speick", but more muted and not as spicy. Rather good. Smells fresh. :happy088

[​IMG]

2. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

Does the balm contain any alkyhol ?

3. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Good question, I can't remember :rofl

I was very surprised to see these products (in Merz) as they haven't gotten anything "new" in what seems like a year.......so I just started spraying and smearing stuff on and didn't take much notice of the ingredients.

the Products are scented with lemon oil, bergamot, patchouli (i think), and some other EO's

4. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

That's great news, I tend to like products that smell "fresh". :D

5. Will

Will Nevermind

Sliced bread aint got nutting on this! :happy036:happy036

6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I think I saw the cologne here in a drugstore once, but when I saw the price, I just kept on walking.

7. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

The bottle I saw was rather small, and had a price of about $24.....not cheap, but then again its made with essential oils. With that said, I don't think I'll be getting it. I like Speick better!

8. crackstar

Holy sh.. that bottle was small, and it was selling for 30 bux here. Hey, let them keep it for that price, and give me Speick cologne instead!

9. Will

Will Nevermind

But the Aftershave.

If it works anyting like Burts Bees Bay Rum Balm, I am on it like a fat kid on cake.

10. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

:happy001 :happy001 :happy001

This one seems to be pretty decent, but its much thicker than the Bay rum balm.

11. Will

Will Nevermind

What is in it Joe, what is in it??????

Huh, huh

Tell me, tell me, tell me.

Annoyed yet? ::

12. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Moisturizers, Emollients, EO's, aloe, other soothing elements :D

13. yomuppet

yomuppet Member

Has anyone tried the new cream? It's gotta be better than the soap.

J

14. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Nah, not yet. the next brush-less cream I'm going to try is the King of Shaves "Advanced Lubrication System" goop that hyperwarp keeps pushing.

15. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

One Eunuch Smooth Shave after another :rofl Definitely prefer to get Eunuch
    Smooth courtesy of KOS/ALS as opposed to the "alternative" !!! Fact, smart shavers are saying that if "You haven't shaved with KOS/ALS, you haven't ever really Shaved". It's all just been Practice !!!!

BTW - checked my local WMF last Sat & local NutriSmart today but neither is
    stocking the BB's new men's line yet. Do wanna try the A/S, if it don't got no alkyhol & is at the 10 buck price point.

16. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

My Whole Foods has a men's kit with the new stuff (minus the cologne, with the addition of a little dopp bag).

No booze in the aftershave balm, you're in the clear.....Mr. Warp ;)

Price : $24 (includes a full size shave cream, aftershave balm, body wash, soap bar, and Burt's Bees Dopp bag).

17. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

The Burt's Bees website now has info:

http://www.burtsbees.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SubCategoryDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=10001&langId=-1&categoryId=10013&subCategoryId=-157

Aftershave Balm ($8):
    Ingredients: water, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, glycerin, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, stearic acid, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, glucose, citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit oil, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil, pogostemon cablin (patchouli) oil, citrus reticulata (tangerine/petitgrain) leaf oil, abies sibirica (fir needle) oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, bisabolol, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, lecithin, sodium borate, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase

[​IMG]

18. crackstar

why they don't put in menthol?

19. Will

Will Nevermind

I need your whole foods. :mad: