Brush lather pics! Best in show! TSD contest

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by ChrisC1977, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisC1977

ChrisC1977 Well-Known Member

I have decided to hold a little contest for fun. I will be receiving some soap samples using a new artisan soap from Daisy Mountain Naturals. They have been kind enough to give me some in about a week. So here is the contest.

***Post one picture of your brush full of a nice lather! Other items can be in the picture, but as long as the brush is the main focus and the nice and lathered.*** Comments by all are welcome, but only one lather pic per person. This contest will run from 08/11/12-08/18/12

I will choose the top 10 pictures. Most likely, my kids will help me decide. Then I will post those pictures in a different thread for a vote. You, the members of TSD will get to vote on your favorite, but cannot vote on your own submission. I would expect all would be honest an abide by this rule. So have fun and let the pics roll in! Also, please be sure to give a shout out to your brush and soap/cream.

The top 3 will receive a sample of Daisy Mountain All Natural Shave Soap.

Thanks!

2. Indiexsunrise

Indiexsunrise Well-Known Member

Woah this sounds fun I'll have to remember to take a pic tonight when I shave.

3. apo1022

apo1022 Active Member

Vie-long natural horse hair brush with razorock xxx cream soap.

Attached Files:

lradke, Azarius and trader ron like this.
  4. Indiexsunrise

Meant to post this up earlier, here's my pic.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345002869.891868.jpg

5. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

No need to count me in, but I consider this one of my best pictures of my Vie-Long Beehive loaded with lather.

[​IMG]

Zereoue20, Ryan Bales, lradke and 2 others like this.
  6. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

IMG_0090.JPG

Even with my low quality pictures you can't deny how nice the La Famiglia looks

Zereoue20, Ryan Bales, lradke and 3 others like this.
  7. ChrisC1977

Great pics so far everyone! Only 3 days left to submit an entry. Top three (chosen by TSD vote) will win soap sample.

8. Indiexsunrise

It appears so far it's a shoe in

9. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

This lather may not look voluminous like so many lather pictures but I prefer a very dense, creamy UltraLather created by face lathering. The new Semogue "The Shave Nook" LE #28 badger/boar brush is a lather machine without even being broken in yet. As was mentioned above, the La Famiglia soaps from RazoRock (TFS) are truly superb at making the highest quality UltraLathers.

[​IMG]

Devildog, Ryan Bales, lradke and 2 others like this.
  10. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Looks great, guys! And a great contest to boot! Must remember to take a pic tomorrow.

ChrisC1977 likes this.
  11. ChrisC1977

Now this pic is just for fun for me as I am not participating in my own contest. But here is a lather pic of the soap sample that will go to the top 3 finishers. This was done with about a 10 second spin on the puck and about a minute spin in the bowl.

daisy 002.JPG

Smott and awake2shave like this.
  12. Zereoue20

Zereoue20 Active Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345180078.509465.jpg

I've got 2 brushes and 1 razor, so I skipped the boar and went with the proraso. Lol

13. ChrisC1977

I received my soap samples today from Daisy Mountain Naturals. They are in my town and operate a website and at farmers markets, craft shows, festivals, etc. They are just now venturing into shaving soap. So far, they have said it has been a hit. Although the shave soaps are not currently on their website, they hope to have all these added within a month.

Here is a pic of the samples. This will be an ongoing PIF in which I will host different contest and the top 3 winners of each contest will receive a free sample puck. Each sample puck weighs just over 1 ounce and is roughly 1.5 inches in diameter and 3/4 inch thickness. It comes in 3 scents (Spiced Mahogany, Cold Water, and Sensuous Sandlewood)

Here is a test lather pic as well as a pic of the samples. To enter the contest, please click here. It has been going on for about 4 days now and wraps up tomorrow.

http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/brush-lather-pics-best-in-show-tsd-contest.29740/#post-522651

samples 002.JPG

daisy1 002.JPG

macaronus likes this.
  14. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

SoS 2012-08-17.jpg

The QED Wild Rose lathers up really nice!

15. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Great & generous idea, Cris!

16. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

Looks like you flower pot is coming along nicely mike ;)

17. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Yup, SWMOB has to look for another one, for this one is here to stay!

18. Rafen

Rafen Member

Man I wish I could generate some lather like some of you guys. I get nothing close to what any of you have.

Zereoue20 likes this.
  19. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

How do you like the Wild Rose? ;)

Here's my submission. I went with The Colonel and lathered up MWF.

uploadfromtaptalk1345251054380.jpg

awake2shave likes this.
  20. Zereoue20

Zereoue20 Active Member

Yeah. Mine looks like a joke compared to everyone else's. Lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.