New from RazoRock round 2

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Sunflake, Jun 15, 2012.

1. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

The anticipation is a killer!

2. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

I can't wait to hear the first review by someone who can compare Floid Blue & Baby Blue side by side.

3. thinklikeh20

thinklikeh20 Active Member

Tracking on my package shows its arrival in my town today! Should have that baby blue in my hands and on my skin in no time.

4. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

My IB order arrived a few hours ago after getin stuck in a CP trap at my loacal post office for the weekend the mudder focker and the bees knees smell great :)

5. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

Baby Blue, Caribbean Coconut, S. Maria arrived today! The Baby Blue smells great at first you get the alcohol smell which goes away very quickly, then the powder and a citrus smell hit you and the citrus is slightly sweet smelling but light. Outstanding! And the bottle opening is awesome the shaker hole is tapered and ships with a plug in it to help ensure it wont leak. The coconut is a light coconut smell and the cream is a very light brown/tan. S. Maria is a very different from what I was expecting, Doesn't smell like Proraso at all. It is a cleaner/lighter/fresher smelling Eucalyptus is the best way I can put it. An it comes in a different container than the La Famiglia line. It's a bigger flat screw top container that looks like loading form this is going to be a dream. And it's more of a cream than a soft Italian soap. Can't wait to try the S. Maria out.

6. Sunflake

I read that the Floid has more of a powder smell and the BB has more citrus smell. Take my word it smells goooood. SWMBO likes it also.:happy088:

7. xCarbonSteelx

My bottle didn't have this plug and it leaked in the box. You can see in my picture below I didn't receive a full bottle.

[​IMG]

8. Sunflake

Oh NO! Was the plug inside the lid loose or just missing? If the plug was missing I would imagine Joe would make it right when he gets back from vacation.

9. xCarbonSteelx

There wasn't a plug and the lid was loose.

10. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

What did the postman smell like this afternoon?

Hanzo, PLANofMAN and xCarbonSteelx like this.
  11. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

Got my stuff too - R160, Mudder Focker & Glycerin Pre-Shave Soap. As y'all can imagine, I tried the R160 first. The smell is P-160 spot on! I don't find the lather of that soap line to be the same as P-160 (which makes me sad), but I do still like this soap a lot. I'll give Mudder Focker a whirl tomorrow.

12. awake2shave

Blanka any word from Joe yet on when the NOS slants will be available?

13. SharpSpine

Yes, he will be putting them up on the site whenever he catches up on his backlog of orders from his time on vacation. Unfortunately that's as specific as he's been.

14. awake2shave

Thanks Brian I had a feeling that was the case but was unsure, I guess I just keep checking the website until there up.

15. thinklikeh20

thinklikeh20 Active Member

I just ordered one from Italian barber, but it looks like they are only available in kits. Good thing I don't currently own all the RazoRock soaps.

16. SharpSpine

Yeah, I saw that he had the kits up. Unfortunately I'm not interested enough in the slant to get the kit. At that pricing I think the slants are going for roughly $20-25 each.

17. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I'm glad I already tried a slant and didn't like it. The last thing I need is more RazoRock soap.:) Heck, I have more than I would use in years...at least I have plenty of soap for giveaways and PIF's.

blanka likes this.