How often to shave?

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Adelio, Jul 2, 2012.

1. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I shave every day as well. The work demands it, and in the weekends and on holidays I shave for the fun love of it!

But in the end there's no rules (apart from work perhaps, I don't know your situation). Just do what feels right for you. :)

2. dreadpirate

dreadpirate Active Member

I would say shave every day.

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I would have to add the caveat - "only if you can do so without irritation."

4. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

I find I am more irritated when i have abused my face experimenting with some new blade, and it seems prudent to take a day off... Fortunately, that doesn't happen too often!

5. GeneRector

GeneRector Active Member

:) Howdy! Usually I shave every day. On my days off I may go a couple of days without shaving if we are not going somewhere, etc. Sometimes I shave about 9PM and skip a morning shave the next day. What every works for you is fine! Always, Gene

6. dreadpirate

dreadpirate Active Member

Fair enough.

7. PadreTex

PadreTex Well-Known Member

I shave every day. Can't imagine going to the altar without a good clean shave. But I have given myself a break on my day off when I'm running errands and such. The frequency of shaves will depend upon your face and your needs. I enjoy shaving though, so I like to do it every day (I used to hate to shave before I switched to wet shaving).

8. Paulie

Paulie Active Member

Ditto! :)

9. Devildog

Devildog New Member

I shave as often as I can (daily). For me, it is "my time". A time to relax like someone who soaks in a hot bath. I love to go to bed with the scent of Bay Rum in the air.

10. Rafen

Rafen Member

I am actually waiting on my DE to come in the mail today but, when shaving with a cartridge razor I have to shave every other day. I do this because my skin gets very irritated if I shave everyday. I hope this changes with my DE razor because I would love to be able to shave everyday so I don't have to listen to the Mrs. complain about the stubble.

11. brewer

brewer New Member

If I perform a 3 pass shave I basically don't have enough stubble to shave again the next day. Thus I can shave every 48 hours. I can do a touch up ATG but there's risk of irritation in that case. If it's just a single pass then once a day

12. GeneRector

GeneRector Active Member

:) Howdy! I have to shave every work day, but on my days off, I might go 2 to 3 days without shaving. I have found that if I have 2 to 3 days of stubble and then shave, I get one of the smoothest shaves ever. Always, Gene

13. asleep2shave

asleep2shave Well-Known Member

I shave every other day because I love to wear dresses lol

14. Falcon43

Falcon43 Active Member

Each and every day. It is just so ingrained in me that if I get a sunburn on my head and face, I have to try and remember not to shave. Most times I forget and just deal with the discomfort. Usually things are better by the second day.

15. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

So do it I :p :sick007:

I kid, I kid (in best Triumph the Insult Comic Dog voice)

16. kaiser

kaiser Member

I shave every other evening. I would prefer to shave every 36 hours because now on second day I don't look so presentable. But I can't DE/SE shave in the morning (on workdays) because it takes too much time and I like my sleep in the morning. And I can't shave every evening because it's too much for my face.
    I used to shave in the morning when I was using carts though. 1 pass ATG was quick and clean but irritation was killing me most of the time.

17. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

I shave daily and haven't had any irritation issues, I used to shave every other day when I used carts (to make them last longer)

18. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I shave every day and if I have a dinner meeting or date I shave a second time.

19. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Went from 12-14 irritation and pain filled days a month with a Trac2 with one pass. Now shave everyday pain free and smooth with DE/SE combo, 3 passes plus touchup minimum.

20. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

I shave every other day, if nothing funny happens...

If I have business meetings or whatever, it will increase to daily!