My Silver Basket weave before and after clean up today

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by April Dawn, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Nicely done.

April Dawn likes this.
  2. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs097: What absolutely beautiful work you've done! Very nice pictures! :smiley respect: Perhaps you should go into the razor restoration business. :happy096:

April Dawn likes this.
  3. April Dawn

April Dawn Member

Thank you :)

4. April Dawn

April Dawn Member

AAww thank you :) I have thought about it :) I love to restore them to their former beauty and collect separated pieces of sets and put them back together :) I am also thinking of creating wooden boxes to keep some of the newer ones in that do not come with a case.

5. 178-bplatoon

Making wooden cases for the newer ones or even boxless vintages is a great idea. Sometimes you can get empty cigar boxes from a cigarette/cigar store. I use an "Oliva series G" cigar box to hold some of my brushes. It holds six brushes very nicely.

April Dawn likes this.
  6. April Dawn

April Dawn Member

I have several sized boxes in mind and will be setting up a line of them from single to multiple razors probably right before Christmas..just trying to decide on stains and colors

178-bplatoon likes this.
  7. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Sparkling!! Nice April and these are beautiful pieces of detailed workmanship and design. Doug

April Dawn likes this.
  8. April Dawn

April Dawn Member

They are by far my favorite tazors sets

9. 178-bplatoon

You are so talented! Here's an idea you might consider. I was born in 1955 one of the years Gillette made 3 different Super Speeds (Blue,Silver and Red tip) and would like a case to hold all my birth year razors. So far I have four of them Gillette (ball end tech,blue,silver and red tip SS). I think I still need a few more to have them all. A single cigar sized box to hold all of them would be very nice. I'm sure others would be interested a display box of this type. Just something to think about. :)

April Dawn likes this.
  10. April Dawn

April Dawn Member

I am about to leave on a house hunting/vacation but when I get back I will start working on a box and you can let me know what you think :)
    Let me know what color stain you might like, how many razor trays for each razor you might like and interior color and I will work on one. PM me with info and I will go from there. I would like to make a few different sizes for 1 and multiple razors.. I could even embroider the inside top of the case with names and dates.

11. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
  12. April Dawn

April Dawn Member

Thank you :) I am not a vendor yet but if I decide to be I will follow the rules for sure :) Just a hobby of mine to make beautiful items and I am still throwing this idea around. I am in the custom made wedding item business and think that these may be a good addition for grooms gifts :) I was thinking of PIFing my boxes for now

13. 178-bplatoon

Hi April, This is embarrasing but, I'm afraid I not sure how to pm here :sad023:. Could you pm me?