Nancy Boy Replenishing Shave Cream

Discussion in 'Shaving Cream Reviews' started by hyperwarp, Oct 10, 2007.

1. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

I bought this cream along with the Nancy Boy "Signature Shave Cream" (review of that one is here:http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3018 ) about a month ago.

Well, between the delightful romance of shaving with the fantabulous Signature SC & a eunuchably s-m-o-o-t-h 'n lubricious foray into the nano-ballbearing subatomic "dark side" world of KingKongOfShaves ALS SC (review here: http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3040)), it took me 3 weeks to get around to using the Nancy Boy Replenshing Cream.

Glad I got around to it. This is another great Shaving product from Nancy Boy.

Like the Signature SC, the 1st thing that hit me when I popped the lid on the jar was this cream is also awesomely "shiny" , glistening with glycerine.

The second thing that hit was the strange waft of it's scent which is not anything like the Signature scent.

This is definitely "Cucumber" with a Capital "K", scented. Smells a bit similar to
    TOBS Avocado but better, more distinct, more "earthy" 'n "peatmossy". Don't get me wrong, I like the scent. In fact in my world of odiferous rankings, I think men should scent with & try to smell like (in descending order):
    1) Dirt
    2) Spaghum Moss, Peat Moss, Oakmoss
    3) Fern & other primordial forest scents like Wood Bark, rotting wood bark is preferred
    4) Herbs. Scarborough Faire.
    5) Spices. Cloves 'n stuff like that
    6) Vegetables
    7) Florals...ahem, with exceptions for Lily of The Valley 'n a few others which
    are always on a gentlemen's No-No List
    8) Fruits. Well if ya gotta smell like a fruit, let it be citrus
    9) :roflMENTHOL:rofl If a gentleman's gotta do Menthol or, Lord Forgive me
    Aqua Velva, do it in the privacy of your own "Den" & stay in there till it wears off. It's scientifically proven that MENTHOLia is a psychiatric condition causing obessive/compulsive behavior. Mentholia sufferers are advised to take "Drugs" to soothe their depraved suffering.

Anyway, from the Infallible Rankings above I scored this product on Scent
    by adding up 2 + 6 to get 8. Then I gave it 2 bonus points for the vegetable being a Cucumber, hence the final scent score of 10.

Think the difference is that TOBS uses an "aromatic" fragance oil, while NB, as always, uses the best & most expensive ingredients available. In this case, genuine Cucumber Hydrosol, which if you can even find it, runs around $500 - $600 a gallon.

The lather is brushless, but it beats up beautifully under a quick assault by
    a furious, bristling badger. No risk to your l'il sweeties precious silvertips with the contents of this jar. Plus, a l'il dab of cream will do'ya a big gob of lather.
    You could probably make as many "passes" at yer Mug as you can "take" and
    you'll still be wasting some lather.

This cream takes a little more skill to whip up than the Signature Cream.

It took me about 3 shaves to get it perfect & it's lovely when perfect.

Nice, lubricious glide path for your dangerously sharp DE or Sweeney Todd straight razor.

The trick to whipping up an awesome meringue is to start with minimal water in your badger fur & slowly add water drip by drip. You'll know when the water ratio is correct cause it'd explode on ya with a real rich creamy texture.

This Forumulation is called Replenishing because it was meant to heal & replenish your delicate epidermous. Your ugly mug will still be butt ugly after you shave but it'll feel moist, fresh, & just plain ol'Nice. This product will also
    help prevent razor burn in the first place.

They also have Replenishing AfterShave Balm & Replenishing Facial Moisturizer. Definitely a triple threat line up for sensitive 'n damaged skin sufferers.

As this product helps fight razor burn, it particularly recommends itself to the
    "newbie" wet shaver. Course, any shaver who doesn't care for razor burn is
    allowed to use it also.

Bottom line: Another home run from Nancy Boy.High quality, expensive ingredients & bargain priced compared to any Creams that are in the same class or league of quality. Fact, after using NB for awhile am starting to think that it's really in a league of it's own, quality wise and that the 3 T's are now
    shown to be 2nd tier products. Of course, NB only makes 2 flavors &
    that'll be a crime for sensasmellaholics.

You sensitive skinned guys owe yourself a tub of this. (Also available in a 2 oz travel/sample size for $6).

Bird Cage Liner Notes:

1) Ingredients: Purified water, potassium myristate (from natural vegetable oils), sodium stearate (from natural vegetable oils), glycerin, cocos nucifera oil (from coconuts), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, avocado oil, pistacia vera seed oil, natural cucumber hydrosol, essential oils, allantoin (from comfrey plant), bitter orange flower extract, cucumber extract, propylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E), methyl gluceth-20 (from corn), polyquaternium-7, methylparaben (anti-microbial), hydroxyethylcellulose (natural stabilizer), propylparaben (anti-microbial).

2) Unless your like Warren Buffet or Bill Gates, take a big gulp (pinch your nose if necessary) and "join" Club Nancy Boy prior to ordering. Once you're
    in the Club you always get a 15% discount on all NB products.

3) If you order over $50 dollars of products (pre discount prices), you get
    free Fedex shipping + a "reward" which is usually your choice of a travel size
    product, like hair gel or shaving cream or....

4) Website features a "Wish List" facility which is a nice touch & helps shopping.

While you're picking up shave creams buy yourself & your family a Bucket of their incredible fantastic Laundry Detergent. Yeah, I know, LD, how in the heck could any LD be incredibly fantastic. Just believe me it is. Fact everytime I order anything from NB now I also buy another LD.

If SWMBO is ticked off at ya about anything, throw in an order of NB's "Ultramarine Night Cream". Best $45 ($38.75 after your Club Nancy Boy discount) you'll ever spend on SWMBO. After she smears this stuff all over her face for the first time, she won't be mad at yer dawg ass no more. Believe me, you'll get 38.75 bux worth of pleasuring outta SWMBO + she'll be over being pissed at least till the next time you MESS UP.

The discussion thread for this review is here: http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?p=46609#post46609

2. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

Sorry but realized that I needed to EDIT the review to justify my score for
    SCENT since Kukumber is somewhat kontroversial.

This should enlighten the review reviewer about Scent Rankings for future reviews. If you really think about it, these Guidelines are NOT a YMMV type
    of deal.

The expansion is about midway down the text.

It is my fondest hope that you will find these Scent Rankings most helpful in
    changing & :roflupgrading your Scent Profile:rofl to be "socially" acceptable amongst the most elite strata of human society;)

I jes like'ta Help People !!!

3. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

Just realized these reviews are Too Long with like, you know, all thos WORD thingies, so nobody's readin'em. This is just Purging, a nasty dictionary puko
    and word Hurling on the nastiest kind. Good for my soul? Probably, but still
    just an uglee stain on a white page of the internet (or innerneck).

In future will try to like Limit my review's to 50 words or less & hold vendor/price info as a very close secretion, er, I mean secret.