The Haul: September 2012

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Neolithium, Sep 1, 2012.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Today's Haul from the TSD Store:

Gem Push Button Razor (yep, it was me)
    Limited Soap -- Desperado with Lanolin
    Wheat Cream -- Kitchen Herbs

And a non-TSD item:

Sample pack of 8 Nub cigars from pipesandcigars.com

Azarius, Smoothy, lradke and 4 others like this.
  2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I read this the other day. I don't detect the medicinal note you mentioned, more like a metalic stale suede at first sniff. Definitely not what I'd think of as leather, etc. tho. I might feel differently once I lather it, but again, first impression = not one for me.

4. coche1

coche1 Actively Wishing Member

Just got my order from JoAnna:
    TSD After Shave Milk - Cool Waters
    TSD AS Splash - Barber Shoppe
    TSD AS Spash Samples - Sandalwood & Cool Waters
    TSD Scent Sample Patches - Aqua Di Gio & TSD Signature Scent
    TSD ISZ Pre-shave Balm
    TSD M-Bomb

:D

Azarius, Asd, lradke and 5 others like this.
  5. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Great looking set and I wondered who won this one. I had the almost new case and a deluxe razor whic was also not a match. Very nice.

6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Enjoy it regardless of the mismatch!

Great Haul!

7. coche1

coche1 Actively Wishing Member

I just have to say that when I first opened this bottle and took a sniff I did not enjoy it at all. Something about the scent just smacked me the wrong way. But, I decided to use it last night since I think scents always smell different on the skin than in the bottle, and I have to say that I absolutely LOVED it! Very surprising, but this is a GREAT scent!

8. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

P1040321(1).JPG P1040322(1).JPG P1040323(1).JPG P1040325(1).JPG
    I got this in the post, I do like Framebacks, LERESCHE its one of my cheapest straight razors so im rather happy and pleased about it, its my birthday next week and the GF is getting me a set of Hones (I have a few practise blades ready before I take this to the stones) I will probably Buff it up first but as you can see it looks very tidy for its age.

KLF, macaronus, Smoothy and 5 others like this.
  9. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Nice! That's pretty cool! I didn't know that anything like that existed, with a wedge blade anyway. Congrats! :D

10. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

What a Haul! Congrats! Can you post a pic of your Frameback collection?

alpla444 likes this.
  11. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

This is my first frame back and I have about 5 straights at the moment.
    I was after a frameback for awhile now just waiting for a nice one.

12. R33F

R33F Well-Known Member

Ok, I placed my order on Saturday & it arrived today. I am chuffed.

1st was a 100ml jar of Proraso pre shave cream. I have been wanting to try some after reading so many good reviews. Also wanting to move to more 'aggressive' DE's & Straights I want to start pre shaving with cream. The smell is great.

2nd is the much anticipated Triumph & Disaster shave cream. It has a citrus tone to the smell, and something else that I need to put my finger on. I passed it to SHMBO & got the nod of approval. First impression is a good one.

So tonight I will test drive both products. :)

Cheers,

Attached Files:

lradke and Smoothy like this.
  13. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    I can barely make it out on your picture, but (amazingly) they list all the ingredients in the fragrance. (down at the bottom of the list) That should make it easier to put your finger on the scent.:rolleyes:
    I'm looking forward to reading your review in the T&D thread.:D For looks and panache, T&D has it in spades.

14. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

I picked up this blade bank just like this at a junk sale last weekend for just a buck. The only other shave related item I saw was a nice Sheffield straight but it was in a collection of stuff for $80 and they wouldn't split it up.

[​IMG]

KLF, alpla444, lradke and 2 others like this.
  15. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

Nice one, Pat! I really like it.

My own haul today consisted of my much-awaited first boar brush - a Semogue 1305.
    Having my 'alternate' Den at work, I could not help but unpack the brush and take it for a few spins on a puck of Calani Lavender shave soap and a good ten minutes of hand-lathering. Amazing the amount of lather this little brush creates, fresh out of the box... and the 'lather' picture below was done after just about 1 minute. After I had taken that picture, there was a literal lather explosion (for my standards, I am sure more seasoned and accomplished boar brush latherers will smile kindly at my comment and think something along the lines of "you haven't seen anything yet, Sonny" ;-)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Asd, battle.munky, Conrad1959 and 6 others like this.
  16. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

IMAG0218.JPG IMAG0219.JPG
    IMAG0217.JPG

My shave den order showed today YAY!

Asd, Smoothy, Conrad1959 and 4 others like this.
  17. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

So I have today off work so I took the family for a walk in the cities antique district. I was able to trade my cased E type and cased G type injectors for this Wade shaving mug and its a Manly mug at that! Wade shaving mug.jpg wade shaving mug 2.jpg wade shaving mug 3.jpg

Does anyone know if this is Wade as in Wade and Butcher? Either way I am happy took me forever to find one with out flowers all over it :D

As you can tell from the clarity of these picture I am finally getting the hang of my new camera

Asd, macaronus, Smoothy and 4 others like this.
  18. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Wade, Heath & Co are renowned for their production of Art Deco that are extremely collectable at present.
    The original pottery was formed by Henry Hallam in 1810 to produce ceramic industrial fittings. The company then moved to Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent, England, in the middle of the nineteenth century and was taken over by George Wade in the beginnings of the twentieth century. In the 1920’s the company divided to form A.J. Wade & Co. and Wade, Heath & Co. and it was the latter that produced the vast range of products. The Flaxman Ware range or diverse Art Deco products was also launched at about this time, including functional wares and also decorative goods which may appeal to the discerning Myott Deco collector. Wade, Heath & Co. pottery is marked with "Wade" on the bottom.

I am sure you can find out more, but this will give you a starting point. Your mug probably dates from 1920-50's.

Smoothy likes this.
  19. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

All right peeps, check this out!
    In a recent trade with Awake2shave (a Canadian brother ;) ), I got this awesome haul. :)

- Parker SR1
    - pack of Polsilver blades
    - 5 Ever Ready DE blades
    - 5 samples of Razorock soaps (sorry not listing them)

Thanks Phil! :) They will ALL go to good use! :)

uploadfromtaptalk1348285241332.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1348285259052.jpg

Asd, macaronus, Smoothy and 4 others like this.
  20. Conrad1959

Conrad1959 Well-Known Member