Review of Vie-Long 16510

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Barrylu, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Barrylu

Barrylu Well-Known Member

Last month I purchased a Vie-Long 16510 23 mm Silver Tip Bager Brush. I reviewed the brush for the website I purchased the brush from. I would like to share the information with this group. I only joined this list today and may not be doing this the correct way but I will learn list etiquette rapidly. Here goes.

Overall:
    [​IMG]
    Name:
    Barry Luterman
    Date:
    09/08/2012
    Review:
    I had an uncle who always had to have the best of everything. When I bought my first shaving brush I proudly showed it to him. He picked it up and gently pressed the tip of the hairs in his palm. He frowned and said, "When you make it get a silver tip badger brush." That was 60 years ago and I was crushed. I finally got my silvertip and understand what my uncle was telling me.
    This brush is amazing. With only one load of water, minimal soap and not much stirring enough lather is produced for a 3 pass shave. Not that three passes are even needed most of the time with this brush and a Mekur razor. The feel of the brush on the face is amazingly soft. There is little of no need for finishing the last 10% of lathering on the face.A hot towel on your face after applying some lather. Wait a minute, relather just using a painting motion. Shave effortlessly,painlessly and closely. Uncle I finally understand what you were trying to tell me so many years ago.
    Rating:
    [​IMG]

2. PBSax

PBSax Member

Congratulations on your purchase. Worth waiting for? I don't know of this brush, I'd love a picture!

3. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Great review, glad to hear that you have your holy grail brush.

4. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

This was a good review. There's no right or wrong way to rate something. Well done.

5. Barrylu

Glad to comply. Here are some pictures. Cant seem to do jpeg. it keeps sying file too big. Any suggestions how I can send you pictures

6. PBSax

PBSax Member

if you open the picture in paint and make it smaller, it'll usually be a smaller file too, then you can post it here. Enjoy your fine Silvertip brush!

7. Barrylu

Lets see if this works Vie-Long 16510 001.JPG

8. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD Barry. I hope you like it here as much as I do!!! :)

9. Barrylu

Lets try this view modifieed.jpg

10. Barrylu

This one too Vie-Long 16510 001.JPG

11. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Hi Barrylu, welcome to The Shave Den!
    Thanks for the review and congrats!

12. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    It sounds like your uncle was a wise man. Beautiful brush.

13. PBSax

PBSax Member