Newly Purchased Ever Ready razor

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PBSax, Sep 27, 2012.

1. PBSax

PBSax Member

I've just bought my first vintage piece, this Ever Ready SE. It's also my first SE...

Attached Files:

2. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Very nice, Ive never used one, or owned one, (I have lost out on a few auctions though) Let us know how you get on with it:)

3. andrew m

andrew m Member

looks like a winner iv never used a se before good luck with it :)

4. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Very nice, and a good shaver. Enjoy!

5. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Great going, Paul! Enjoy!

6. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

That's a nice looking razor, enjoy it ;)

7. PBSax

PBSax Member

Oops, I've also picked up a Valet Autostrop as well, and may be in with a chance of aquiring another... (What is this thing called RAD?)
    Will post pictures when they arrive. I'm not sure what bits and pieces are included with the Valet, but both that and the Ever Ready are boxed.

I didn't have the faintest idea how the Autostrop worked but for very helpful vids on the Tube of You.

Not that I've any intention of spending over an hour sharpening original blades!
    But i do like Mr GemCutlery's devotion to the history of it.

Hmm, I'll have to set about aquiring some single edge blades of various breeds and sexes.

8. skyfox12

skyfox12 Active Member

I used to have an Ever Ready razor. It was the loudest razor I have ever owned and it gave an excellent shave. So if you like the sound of your whiskers being shorn, this is the razor for you.;)

PBSax likes this.
  9. Luteplayers

Luteplayers Well-Known Member

I've noticed that my Ever Ready is the loudest razor I own as well. Gives a great shave, although I have to go XTG on my upper lip. Can't get my big schnoz far enough out of the way for WTG.

10. PBSax

PBSax Member

I've found it works well and it's a great shave. It certainly is loud though! I'm not sure if that's a -ve or a +ve!
    The Valet is fun, but the cheaper blades for the Ever Ready will make it more regular in my rotation.

11. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Very nice razor...If you like the way it shaves and you get the chance try an Ever Ready 1924....:D