Floid Blue

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Ryan B, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Well guys, I got my bottle of Floid in the mail. I bought it lightly used and am glad I did. I opened it and fell in love with the scent immediately. I wish I had an air freshener that smelled like this. It has a scent that I can't quite place. When I smell it, I'm transformed to my youth when the old barber uptown was still cutting hair. To me, it kind of resembles Jovan Musk, that cologne I used to rock in jr. high. I hope it feels as amazing as it smells.

More to follow when I actually use it.

178-bplatoon and crackstar like this.
  2. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

I had a chance you try floid blue for the first time recently aswell. I liked the layered scents of floaral citrus and powder but I didn't love it that's why I am glad no one mentioned the minor menthol effect cause I love menthol lol

3. Ryan B

Lol I think I'll buy the atomizer off of Italian Barber. If I like it enough, I might just buy another bottle before they disappear.

4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I never tried the Floid Blue. I have the Floid Classic which has a very old-school scent which I enjoy. My wife hates that scent, but I think it's because she hates old-school scents in general.

Ryan Bales likes this.
  5. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

The thing to do is get in good with Johnny (does he come around here any more, or is he just at The Shave Nook now?) and get him to write you into his will... then you can inherit his stash of umpteen dozen bottles when he goes to that Great Barbershop in the Sky. Floid Blue must be getting pretty scarce by now! :rolleyes:

alpla444 likes this.
  6. Ryan B

I'll ask my sister if she thinks it smells like an old man. But the one opinion that really matters is the future SWMBO. I just don't want to buy an extra bottle and then hate it. But I absolutely have to pick up an atomizer to try and cut down on excess splashing.

I think Johnny is just a Shave Nook guy now, I actually messaged him and asked if it was a deal I should jump on (used 5 times for $42.)

178-bplatoon and jeraldgordon like this.
  7. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Ryan, I'm not happy with you... You got my face a tinglin' and I just spent an inordinate amount of time at the Italian Barber site... With a superhuman effort I pushed myself away from the "buy it now" key just in time, and did NOT order a Floid blue for $50! But I really, really want too! I keep telling myself I can order several of Johanna's splashes for the same price...

The Shave Den forums can work just like a gateway drug... :drool: help...

awake2shave and Ryan Bales like this.
  8. Ryan B

Well, I was in your shoes man. I just figured $42 was a hella good deal. It was a mistake that I found that too.

There's no escaping the drugs of the TSD and wet shaving!

9. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

i have a sample of floid blue and some others enroute...cant wait to see what all these thread online are raving about.

10. DKS2375

DKS2375 New Member

Floid blue was one of the first (of many) aftershaves I bought when I started using a DE razor again this year. It is still one of my favorites. Maintains a nice, faint powdery smell throughout the day.

Definitely money well spent!

GeneRector likes this.
  11. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I suppose that could be a good thing....depends on the old man.:D
    [​IMG]

GeneRector and Ryan B like this.
  12. jmsodpc

i tried the sample tonight for the first time....i liked it. i used razorock baby blue yesterday as a sample and i like the floid blue better.
    now i have to decide if i want to drop $50 on a gigantic bottle of the stuff.

i like trying too many other products and dont think a yr supply of one aftershave is wise.
    i look forward to using up items.

13. Ryan B

That bottle will last you a long time. I still have many different aftershaves but love Floid along with Barbon. If you like it, there's no reason not to get something.

14. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

You make me smile Ryan "transformed to your youth"..You still have alot of youth left my friend.:happy088:...Congrats on aquiring the Floid Blue..I've always wanted to try Floid Blue and your review kist makes me want some that much more!! I'm just not wiling to pay that much just to try it. Where do you get samples from?
    I also want to try the Barbon,that at least is possible without a loan....:) I recently got some Pashana, which I find quite pleasent....

15. jmsodpc

i was able to pick up a 100 ml partial decant bottle from mdcsoap.us and i like the powdery scent to it.