Stainless Steel Flask as an aftershave splash container?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by erictski, Oct 24, 2012.

1. erictski

erictski Member

Just wondering if keeping my aftershave splashes in a stainless steel container would be bad. would the alcohol or oils react with the stainless after a time. I know glass is used all the time and works great but i was just looking for a different option.

http://www.ckbproducts.com/4oz-hip-flask-stainless-steel-p-950.html

maybe Joanna will chime in for me as one who makes aftershaves.

178-bplatoon and Keithmax like this.
  2. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

That's a good question. I could put my flasks to better use (read "other than collecting dust") this way.

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I don't know. :)
    I've never looked at packaging any of my products in stainless steel.

4. erictski

erictski Member

Im just wondering if the metal would have an effect on anything. I think it would be a cool way to dispense my AS. I know they put sprays in aluminum bottles...i would guess they should do fine in stainless.

5. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Acidic liquids will be affected by the stainless steel. I'm not sure of the acid levels in AS?? Also the cap needs to be air tight or the alcohol will evaporate.

6. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Just don't forget that you filled it with aftershave and not hooch... But then again, if you're really lit I don't think you'll care. :p

7. erictski

erictski Member

well i know some colognes and perfumes are put into aluminum and steel bottles...

HMMM...maybe i should just forget this idea...

8. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Saw how many posts were here and figured it had already been answered. Yes, you can store aftershaves in flasks. You can even buy Bay Rum prepackaged in a flask. Turtle Bay's Bay Rum comes in flasks. I forgot some Scotch in a flask for about three years one time. It was still very drinkable, with no flavor or scent change at all.[​IMG]

Bird Lives, andrew m and alpla444 like this.
  9. erictski

erictski Member

Thats what i was going for. A bay rum aftershave in a flask just seems right. That seals the deal i am buying the flasks. Very cheap from that site i listed and they give money back if not satisfied and they test for leaks...so i should be good to go.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  10. Star

Star Active Member

Eyes the flask that's been sitting on my kitchen counter since I quit drinking a year ago....

11. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

Cool idea. I think I'll do this at some point. I need to graduate school, make some money, and move out of my parents so I have my own bathroom to fill up with tons of shaving stuff! :signs136:

Erik Redd likes this.
  12. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

As someone who has a daughter in college, I think I can predict your parents are in complete agreement with your plan.;)

PLANofMAN, bittermormon and JRod22 like this.
  13. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Great Save PoM........And I think I need that Turtle Bay in the flask....looks too cool for school...

PLANofMAN likes this.
  14. gzp

gzp Well-Known Member

Krampert's Finest also sells their Bay Rum After Shave in flasks, from their website:

"It's a brushed Stainless Steel genuine hip flask.

It's the perfect container for your Krampert's Finest Bay Rum. "

PLANofMAN likes this.
  15. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

Krampert's finest flask

[​IMG]

PLANofMAN likes this.
  16. 13Fdaddy

13Fdaddy Member

This is a really good idea and would save me from the disaster I face every time my bags get thrown around from deployment or field problems and spilling out my a/s.

+1 OP

PLANofMAN likes this.
  17. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    What about the disaster you would face if it turned up during inspection? "Sir, that's only my aftershave."

..."Is that so?"

18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I just took a look at those flasks. They would also be good for pre-shave oils. as they are lightfast. Given that they are also stylish, they would be great for giving as gifts. (Think "stocking stuffers" for next year.)

19. 13Fdaddy

13Fdaddy Member

Gotta put on the big boy pants and say take a whiff lol

swarden43 and PLANofMAN like this.
  20. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Is there a pour restrictor available for the hip flasks? In my opinion, that would be a necessity.