This time the T-Shirt is real (maybe) PIF

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by PLANofMAN, Oct 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Okay, some of you probably remember the "...and all I got was this stupid T-Shirt PIF" I ran last month. This month the T-Shirt is real. And it's going to be awesome! As some of you know, JoAnna is working with PadreTex to design an official Shave Den Shirt. When it will be ready, no one knows (except maybe JoAnna, but that girl knows how to keep a secret!) This PIF will give a lucky few the opportunity to own one of these shirts, on my dime.

The catch, ah, yes, there is always a catch. So far I've been following the theme thing pretty close and picking upstanding members of our little community. Let's go the opposite direction. If you have mug shots post them! This time around, I think I'll base it on the season. Take a picture with a pumpkin in it. It has to be a real pumpkin, not a picture, painting, or sculpture. Put your username somewhere in the photo so we know you didn't cheat (bonus points for writing it or carving it into the pumpkin).:) I'm looking forward to seeing your pics. This PIF is open to all Shave Den members. As always, the winner will be picked by Random.org. The deadline for entry is Oct. 31st.

macaronus likes this.
  2. ChrisC1977

ChrisC1977 Well-Known Member

10-1-12 002.JPG

I wrote my name on my wife's Kindle Fire. :)

macaronus, R33F and PLANofMAN like this.
  3. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Just a quick update for anyone expecting instant gratification.:) It may be a while before these shirts are available (per a conversation I had earlier with JoAnna) so at the end of the contest you will have some options. I will discuss it with the winner after I get a final update from JoAnna on the status of the shirts (and/or shirt designs) at the end of the month.

4. over5feet

over5feet Active Member

Here is mine these are for my youngest school as they are doing a play and they want some scary pumpkins and this was the best I could come up with as I was told last night ( hey dad you need to make me two pumpkins by tomorrow) DSC_0013.jpg

5. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    I like them, but where is your user name? is it in the picture?

6. over5feet

over5feet Active Member

S
    Sorry took it last night and saw the post this morning, I will have to do more I'm sure and I will put my username in the next batch, I can always take a photo of my window so you can see the photo frames:angry032:

PLANofMAN likes this.
  7. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    That will work.:)

Just a friendly reminder, October is half over. It's time to buy some pumpkins and carving tools and get those pics up!

8. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

Its funny how these traditions spread itself around the globe.
    When I grew up, Halloween was something we just saw on E.T and other American movies or TV-shows.
    Now the kids in my own street are out gathering sweets under threat of forceful retaliation.

At first I did not approve, but then I got kids on my own. And everything changed. Funny how that happens

I guess I should order that Darth Maul mask soon. That'll show the kids who the meanest "kid" on the block is :)

9. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    That is funny, especially since we imported the holiday from Europe.:)

Norseman likes this.
  10. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

True, but you improved it and made it famous :)

PLANofMAN likes this.
  11. BossManBill

BossManBill Well-Known Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351191203.954887.jpg
    My daughters are too young to carve, so they painted/glittered theirs.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  12. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    I know a bunch of you will be carving pumpkins this weekend...
    Don't forget about this PIF.:) It ends next Wednesday.

13. Latherman87

Latherman87 Well-Known Member

This is what happens when u pop open a pumpkin and finds its on the verge of rotting! Our house smells so bad! But I found this robot pattern and it reminded me of a favorite movie of mine called The Forbidden Planet. LM87 is not hard to explain lol had to shorten up my user name in order to fit. Not to mention it worked with the robot theme a bit better . image.jpg

BossManBill and PLANofMAN like this.
  14. over5feet

over5feet Active Member

Sorry just finished the one for the house and tonights trick or treat and I remembered to take the whole photo this time
    photo.JPG

15. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Just a quick update. This is the final day to enter. You do not have to use a Jack o' lantern, any pumpkin is fine. For any Brits out there, please post pictures of the squash. I don't think we need to see any "smashing pumpkins." :p

16. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    We have a winner! BossManBill! Look for a PM shortly...
    Thanks to everyone who participated. You guys are a talented lot.

17. Latherman87

Latherman87 Well-Known Member

Congrats BossManBill!!

18. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Look for November's PIF to start tomorrow...

19. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
  20. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Congrats, BossmanBill!
    drivecar.gif

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.