How's Your Day? November 2012

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by IAmTheJody, Nov 4, 2012.

1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Prayin' all went well, Brad.
    Get well soon.

2. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Dito...

3. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I hope all goes well Brad!

4. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

I watched Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter last night.

That movie was far better than it deserved to be.

lradke likes this.
  5. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Yesterday I found out why some people are scared of the dentist.

X-rays and cleaning. How much pain could that possibly be? You don't wanna know. I have never been so tortured at a dentist office.

And then the dentist is all "the build up of tartar is the reason for the pain." Excuse me? It's not my fillings failing? Oh, let's look. *Sticks pointy metal in my fillings* Yep, looks like they need fixed.
    :rolleyes:

And now I have this pain running down the left side of my body. Wonder if it is possibly related to the torture the dental hygienist put me through yesterday.

6. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I know exactly how you feel! I had to get some work done about 10 years ago ...temporary fillings. Needless to say I remembrrthe dentist telling my mom "I don't understand why he's in so much pain still...we have maxed everything out to prevent the pain." Needless to say I am terrified to get those ones checked. If I had to go and get work on them I would insist on general anesthetic....that or the heart attack that would come half way through the procedure....(shuddering)

On a much lighter note....my boss didn't give me any more work objectives after she deleted them from my corporate profile last week. It seems I may really be out the door soon (hopefully...to be honest).

7. micah1_8

I have a super bad case of the dunwannabeheres today.

8. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I hear that can be cured by a change of scenery. Good luck!

9. micah1_8

Thanks! I've actually been looking into freelance illustration jobs.

10. richgem

'
    If u can swing it, that sounds like a great option.

11. micah1_8

Well, right now, I really can't... but I'm looking a couple of years down the road. The way things are looking here, I figure, with any luck, I've got 2 maybe 3 years left before I *have* to look for new employ. That gives me a little cushion to build up a career path. *If* I do find myself looking for new work, I want to find work doing something I love instead of something I'm pretty good at but have little professional interest in. Lately I've begun to feel really pigeonholed and I think that's a major contributing factor to my clinical depression.

12. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

40-pin ZIF to IDE adapter arrived today, confirmed two suspicions...A) original Zune hard drive is failing, but still readable - until it locks up, at least. B) replacement drive I ordered about 10 months ago, but didn't get a chance to replace until about 5 months later, is bad. Unfortunately, far too much time has passed, I'm sure, to return and exchange it (I'll be checking on that shortly).

So, there's still hope for my Zune, but I need to save up for another hard drive.....bgdaaaaa

13. micah1_8

On an up note, I got a lead on some potential illustration work this morning!

14. micah1_8

Man, sure has been dead in here as of late.

15. richgem

The zombies were too busy with Halloween. But, they left this in my inbox.

16. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

their distant cousins shared this as well:

17. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Some crazy long days of work earlier in the week. Thankfully, that meant getting off early today. I had enough time to wash the car and go fora run outside. Now I think I need to make dinner.

18. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I love that Johnathan Coulton song. Not so sure about that video. Here's another by him:

NoobShaver likes this.
  19. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

My day/week? Let's see:
    Wii disc drive - replaced and working;
    daughter's Nano battery - replaced and working;
    Palm T5 screen - replaced and working;
    new Zune HDD - yet to arrive

Not a bad week...several bgdaaa moments, some pretty good moments

20. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Hmmm...nice to see some things don't change. We're all still crazy (busy). Well, maybe I should have left it at crazy. Had to work at ye olde library today. The public is still the public. But Clemson won today. So it's all good.

Queen of Blades likes this.