SoS: December 3rd, 2012 - December 9th, 2012

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Dec 2, 2012.

1. jbund

jbund Well-Known Member

Well yesterday, I spent most of the day waiting on the AT&T tech to arrive and install my new Uverse connection. So I slept in a bit and had a shave with one of the new creams/soaps that I just got. I selected the GFT Spanish Leather shave cream. It lathered well and had excellent skin protection. It was day 4 for the 7 AM Plus blade and still a DFS+ shave. The tech was fun to talk to and very good at his job. Though he did become tired of the trips down and up to my third floor walk up. At least he was by my lights young enough to do those trips. But I did spend most of the day without internet access and the fact that the old POTS didn't work was not even noticed. So far the new service seems to be working as advertised. And while we didn't get the BIG package of channels I didn't realize that there where so many. What most of them are I don't have any idea and most likely never will. Thought the daughter immediately found Doctor Who and Sponge Bob. A normal 16 year old - OH so grownup one minute and then still a kid the next. Of course she already knows more about the new service than I do, it seems like they are just born with the knowledge these days. And of course my wife who is a channel surfer is in heaven she may never run out of channels. though it is a practice that drives me up the wall, I would usually just as soon turn the fool thing off. Oh well.
    '

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

ggg_306.jpg 444_gel_01-340x340.jpg EB005320523.jpg Thursday:

#6 Horsehair
    Super Speed/Shark day 4
    SuperMax Menthol SC :love055: :love055: :smiley freezing: :smiley freezing:
    444 AS Balsam :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Max Refreshing AS :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Obsession for Men EDT

On my personal Menthol Scale, the SuperMax Menthol cream is a good Level B - it's quite cooling, but not a potent face-freezer. It gives awesome lather, I love the scent, and it also moisturizes and protects my skin very well. The 444 and the Max Refreshing aftershave are Level A all the way. Beautifully BBS again! ;) :D

3. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

Thursday:

Good morning ya'll!

I didn't have a whole lot to shave this morning as I shave yesterday at noon, however if I didn't shave this morning I'd have a problem with work.

Pre: AOS Unscented Oil
    Brush: Semogue 830
    Soap: MWF
    Razor: EJ DE89L
    Blade: Gillette EverSharp

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354799380.513461.jpg

4. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Sub Cero #12
    Vintage Williams
    28mm Brush
    Conk Almond ASB

Excellent shave this morning. I was looking for an Ern this morning and run across the Filly first so that's what I used. Have a good one.
    [​IMG]
    free image hosting

5. Dusty5150

Dusty5150 Well-Known Member

this morning was nice ... after a loooooong hot shower I stepped outside my normal setup; I soaked my brush, razor, soap and shave oil in hot water while I showered, and proceeded for the next half an hour to methodically hack away at the three day old stubble with some old friends that haven't been out of the cupboard in a while. Two WTG , one XTG and one ATG passes, resulted in a wonderfully smooth and fresh DFS.

TBS Maca Root Pre-shave oil - applied to marinade while lathering soap
    VDH Glycerine Soap
    Vulfix 404 Boar/Badger Brush
    Merkur 33C w/ Voskhod blade
    Warm & Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso Pre-shave - left on while brushing my teeth
    Another Cold Water Rinse
    Blue Floid AS (NTS - I must asked Santa for some menthol AS; I love my Blue Floid, but this mornings shave needed a KICKER - the Proraso was a tease)

Hair styled to thrill with a side part pomp, tight fenders and a perfect DA, thanks to Lucky 13 Cru-Butch & Layrite Super Hold Pomade.

Thank for reading and I hope y'all have an awesome day!!

JayPo007, macaronus, oscar11 and 13 others like this.
  6. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

Shave of the Day (SOTD) Thursday December 6, 2012
    [​IMG]
    Prep: Brush soaking in hot water, face washed with Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser, luke warm shower
    Razor: Matador Capa Dorada
    Blade: Derby Extra
    Brush: Semogue 1438 Boar
    Soap: Proraso Menthol and Eucalyptus
    AS: English Leather

Good morning shaving buddies.

Using the Old Type yesterday I thought why not use a modern open comb today. It is hard to bet the Matador line of Open Combs, both as far as price and performance. This out performed my FaTips by such a huge margin I got rid of them, as there is no need to hang onto anything that I am not going to use.

There is plenty of heft to the handle, making it not too top heavy. The slight bulbous shape at the lower third of the handle makes it very comfortable to hold onto and not slick at all.

I would rank this just behind the current R41 as far as aggressiveness, although without the raw feeling afterwards. Like any other razor, you have to find the proper angle and find that sweet spot that works for you.

Derby Extra's have always performed well for me in aggressive razors. Well it did not disappoint, it was one of the best shaves yet from the Matador. Very close and comfortable, no raw feeling afterwards, just a smooth shave.

JayPo007, macaronus, oscar11 and 11 others like this.
  7. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

Brush: Ever-Ready Rudy Vey Finest re-knot (Thanks Danny) - United States of America
    Shave Cream: TOBS Avocado (Thanks Danny)
    Razor: Weber ARC (Danny convinced me to buy) - United States of America
    Blade: Voskhod - From Russia With Love
    After Shave: Master Lilac Vegetol - United States of America, in fact Master is only two suburbs west of where I live

3 Passes to an awesome shave. Hard to tell if today's shave theme for me is mixed countries or a tribute to Danny (DSLazar9)!

Dslazar9, oscar11, Norseman and 11 others like this.
  8. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

I'm honored-thank you! Happy you enjoyed the shave

macaronus, Lyndon, crackstar and 2 others like this.
  9. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

Mostly British Shave

EJ razor with Ebony Handle-English
    Rapira Blade-Russian
    Rooney Brush with Boar Knot-English
    DR Harris Lavendar Soap-English
    DR Harris Arlington Splash-English
    Castle Forbes Cedarwood/Sandalwood AS Balm-Scottish
    tunes-David Brubeck (RIP Mr. Brubeck, thanks for all the great jazz!)-American
    coffee-Home Roasted Sumatra -Indonesia

macaronus, Azarius, oscar11 and 12 others like this.
  10. wknicholas

wknicholas Well-Known Member

Thursday morning , December 6, 2012

Schick E2 Injector razor w/ Schick blade (7)
    Semogue 1250 boar bristle brush,
    TABAC with Proraso Uberlather,
    finish with cold water rinse for a DFS!

B P 16.JPG

11. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

SOTD Thursday 12-6-2012

11/16 Packard Full Hollow, Spike Point
    Proraso PSC
    Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood SS
    Caswell Massey Art Deco Badger
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Nivea Replenishing ASB
    Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum ASL

A slight change in the software as pictured; after the wonderful scent of the Ogallala SS I changed my mind and went with the Pinaud VIBR instead of the Adidas. Can't get enough of that fantastic Bay Rum essence! I have been using the creams most of the time and I need to blow the dust off of my Shave Soaps and get them into the mix again. :shaver

Badger & Blade 1310SM.jpg

12. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

6 December Thursday

Today's prep was the usual routine, hot shower, Proraso pre-shave soap
    The Rocket was grumpy on Monday, he was taken out of this weeks rotation and replaced with SS. Today I did both a razor change and blade change. I choose my British fat handled Tech paired with a Super Max Stainless. Super Max family of blades never disappoint.
    Soap choice today was a sample of Mike's Natural. The Semogue 1460 whipped up a mound of luxury lather.
    A three pass shave then a warm water rinse, brisk cold water splash, a dab of Tet-A-Tet balm.
    Today's DFS was definitely rated 5 snowballs.

BeFunky_IMG_0440.jpg

13. burpsan

burpsan Well-Known Member

Thursday

Eucerin moisturizing cream
    Omega 10083 Pro boar
    MWF
    Merkur 23c w/ Astra SP
    Cetaphil gentle cleanser
    Master Bay Rum (body)

Hasty two pass DFS+. Maybe I'll use my Institut Karite tomorrow to spice up the International week ... so far Italy, England, German, Russia, and U.S. Should have thrown a Kai or Gillette Super Thin blade in to get Asia represented as well, but I'm rationing them right now. :rolleyes:

14. JimPo42

JimPo42 Purported Hand-Shaver

Took my bear off today.
    OCMM w/ Ted Pella
    Razorock Classic
    Razorock Alum
    Razorock AS Wax

A bit of irritation but the OCMM usually gets me a little. It was surprisingly easy to take off my beard with one pass and a second for touch ups. The girlfriend isn't crazy about the clean shave but I'm sick of people saying it looked Amish. I even had one guy say all I needed was to dye it white to look like Santa, I'm 26 and only slightly rounder than I should be. I'm pretty sure the holidays bring out the worst in people. /sigh

15. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Prep: Shower, Proraso Pre/Post Cream.
    Brush: Semogue 1305.
    Razor: '63 Flare Tip.
    Blade: Personna Med Prep.
    Cream: Dalan D' Men Sensitive.
    Post: Cold water rinse, Thayer's WH Rose, Juicy Couture Dirty English.

I'm not sure how I feel about this shave. I enjoy the cream, it lathers like a boss, smells great, has great glide, makes my skin feel amazing... but I feel like it was kind of a rough shave. I gave myself a tiny nick, something I haven't done in awhile. I'm sure my face will feel better tomorrow.

16. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

Friday shave – A Moment of Zen, once again.

Had to retire the KAI Pink blade after yesterday’s first pass, it just didn’t cut it anymore (literally), I was still showing a lot of irritation on my jaw lines from that shave. Out came the KAI, in went the Feather. And let me tell you, nothing like a sharp blade to shave without further irritating oneself. Zero pressure, gentle strokes, no stubble left and the skin didn’t even notice it... It goes without saying, a good foundation (read: Lather) is needed.

Calani Dubai shave soap
    Mühle Basic #2 shave brush, Silver Tip Fibre
    Cobra Classic SE
    Feather Professional blade (1.5 shaves)
    Bloc Osma Alum
    Musgo Real Classic after shave

Have a great weekend everyone!

17. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Thursday!
    Merkur 37C
    Voskhod
    Vie-Long Badger/Horse
    Proraso Red (Original Wheat)
    Old Spice Pure Sport

18. Lyndon

Lyndon Well-Known Member

sotd-7-dec.jpg
    • Prep PSC
    • TOBS Shaving Stick - Sandalwood
    • Frank Finest Brush - Fan Shape
    • Yuma Razor
    • Perma-Sharp Blade (3)
    • Edwin Jagger ASB - Sandalwood
    • GFT ASL - Spanish Leather
    The products I chose today all worked very well with each other with a very good overall synergy. The TOBS shaving stick is one of my very favorites with an awesome lather and a great sandalwood scent. The Perma-Sharp blade seemed to be a perfect match for the humble Yuma razor. Three passes today for an easy BBS shave. I decided to go with the Floids ASL instead of the GFT. Overall, a very nice relaxing holiday shave.

Cheers, Lyndon

19. Jamie Mahoney

Jamie Mahoney Well-Known Member

Prep L'Occitane Cedarwood soap
    Razor Japanese Fon Golden Star 13/16
    Strop Kanayama Cordovan # 8000
    Brush Simpsons M7 LE Finest Silvertip
    Shaving Cream GFT Coconut Oil
    Alum & Witch Hazel
    Neroli Moisturiser
    Penhaligon's Castile Edt

A lovely BBS two pass shave.

[​IMG]

Lyndon, Ryan Bales, burpsan and 9 others like this.
  20. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

3_h240.png tabgel.jpg 223796453.jpg Friday:

#6 Horsehair
    Super Speed/Shark day 5
    Barbon SC :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055:
    Tabiano AS Gel :love055: :love055: :love055: :smiley freezing:
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Obsession for Men EDT

Smooth as silk again after only two passes - the Barbon cream is a pleasure to lather up with, and I love the scent and the post-shave feeling. The Tabiano gel is very costly, although I received it as a gift from an old friend. It smells nice, soothes and cools very well. I think a lot of us know the beauty of Aqua Velva! ;) :D

Norseman, Smoothy, JayPo007 and 12 others like this.