Rooney old Stock brushes available - anyone got some ?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by CHSeifert, Dec 13, 2012.

1. CHSeifert

CHSeifert Active Member

Just saw that they once again 'found' some old stock Rooney brushes for us brush-a-holics :tongue:

I missed out on the Beehive 2-Band 24 mm fan 48 mm loft last time, but now bought the last one in stock - for now :biggrin:

Already got the Coral red Rooney from last time they had Rooney Old Stock up on their site.

Anyone got some of these or plan to purchase some ?

Link: http://www.classicshaving.com/rooney_brushes_old_stock.html

PS I have no interest in this shop what so ever, just seem to be the only shop that sells old stock Rooneys on a regular basis.........

[​IMG]

alpla444 likes this.
  2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I found an 20 year old NOS Safari Ralph Lauren Rooney Finest.
    That's more than enough Rooney for me. It is funny though, I was just commenting a couple of days ago about Rooney old stock brushes popping up from time to time.:)

alpla444 likes this.
  3. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

I wouldn't really call the one pictured "Old stock" its not from the first or second run, it is however the first run of the newer 2 band hair, whilst the old stock beehives were 3 band super, insanely densely packed.

macaronus and alpla444 like this.
  4. CHSeifert

CHSeifert Active Member

You are not easily fooled, huh :)

The pic was removed the second I bought the last of the old stock, so I borrowed a pic of a Beehive new stock to show the brush I bought ;)

5. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Haha no, I believe they switched to that hair in 2010, I picked up the Stubby 1 when that type of hair was used for all of the "Heritage" brushes; the 3 band super was just too dense for me at the time.

[​IMG]