Ralphie's Dad's brush?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by stonyloam, Dec 24, 2012.

1. stonyloam

stonyloam Well-Known Member

In "A Christmas Story", in the bathroom scenes (after the Scott Farcus affair, the wash your mouth out and he shoots his eye out) on the left side of the shelf above the sink there is a Victor Insulator mug with a brush in it. Anyone recognize the brush? In one scene it kinda looked like it has a gold foil label, Omega? Merry Christmas to all!!

2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I'll keep my eye out (but not shoot my eye out) for it.

BamaT, bittermormon and battle.munky like this.
  3. Aedan382

Aedan382 New Member

I notice the brush/mug this year for the first time! I pointed it out to SWMBO and we talked about what I wanted and was going to purchase once I got my beginner equipment and got decent technique down.

Honestly I'm impressed that you could even hazard an educated guess as to the brand based on the quick glimpses of the brush in the movie.

4. stonyloam

Having no life helps LOL. Actually I noticed the mug first, I am a big fan of Victor mugs (made by the Victor insulator company here in my hometown of Victor NY). They are made from the same material as the high tension wire insulators that they make. It is said that they can take a 5 foot drop and 400,000 volts equally well;) . They are the classic diner mug and I always look for them in old movies, love em.

5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

6. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Victor mug looks cool, I want one.

7. stonyloam

E-bay, lots of em. Just make sure it is a real Victor with sans -serif font VICTOR not VICTOR stamp on the bottom. $6-7 is a pretty good price. I shouldn't have looked, just bought 4 brown ones LOL.