Cigar Today, Anyone?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Aedan382, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Aedan382

Aedan382 New Member

I see multiple scotch and pipe tobacco threads, but I haven't seen a cigar thread. I'm a huge cigar enthusiast, including being part of a 7 year running podcast (I've been around it for 2 years myself)

So who else likes a stogie? And what's your favorite one? What's the most recent stick you've had?

2. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

I'm a fan! Kristoff Maduro, Illusione maduro cg:4 and 888 are some of my favorites!

DaltonGang and cigarlover like this.
  3. Aedan382

Aedan382 New Member

Have you ever had a 262? Great sticks, I've gone on a couple crawls with the three guys that run the company.

4. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

I have not had the 262. I usually stick to what I like, rarely do I venture out when it comes to cigars.

5. Aedan382

Aedan382 New Member

I tend to try a ton of smokes. We record a podcast every other week (mostly lol) and there's always a new cigar of the day for us to give our (usually misguided) critiques on.

I usually stick to my wheelhouse when I purchase cigars, but there isn't a downside to trying all kinds of varieties.

6. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

I have a small humidor I usually keep stacked with Romeo & Julietta. They're mild but delicious! I haven't had one since the winter came cause it's too cold outside. I can't wait for warmer weather!

7. Aedan382

Aedan382 New Member

Today's cigar of the day on the podcast, the Toraño Salutem. Nice smoke.

Attached Files:

Paulie likes this.
  8. 13Fdaddy

13Fdaddy Member

I fancy myself as a cigar man and we even have a shop here on ft bliss that sells wet shave equipment as well. Seems to be my one stop shop when I run out of something or need a good stick. They just recently added a top shelf bar with a varied selction of burbon and whiskey. I'm rambling though...

Last stick I had was a CAO moonstruck, hints of vanilla and burbon with a smooth finish. Best smoke I've had in a while IMO.

cubancigar2000 likes this.
  9. ScottZ

ScottZ Member

My current favorite is a Punch Upper Cut. For a cheap every day smoke, hard to beat an AF Curleyhead.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  10. Hirsute

Hirsute Active Member

Enjoyed a Rocky Patel toro last night.

BamaT likes this.
  11. Robzilla

Robzilla Well-Known Member

I'm not a connoisseur, but I always keep a small supply of Fonsecas handy.

12. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I rarely smoke cigars but had the opportunity recently to partake with several close friends.
    Glasses of Pappy Van Winkle with some dominican cigars (Cohiba Black Robustso Crystal) for all.

13. JimPo42

JimPo42 Purported Hand-Shaver

No cigar yesterday but I did go to the tobacco shop and pick one up. Romeo y Juliette robusto with a conniticut wrapper. And a Shorty corn cob pipe with some Irish cream tobacco. Had that instead.

14. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Yep! My everyday cigar is a 5 Vegas Classic. A good smoke and still affordable.
    [​IMG]

15. Dave Paskowski

Dave Paskowski Active Member

16. Barrylu

Barrylu Well-Known Member

I will be in Amsterdam then crusing down the river with multiple stops in Austria,Germany Slovinia and finally Budapest after 15 days. It will be a chance for me to buy some fresh Cubans. What can anyone suggest. I can just see myself floating down the Danube with a German beer or wine and a good Cuban.

Tonybrooklyn likes this.
  17. Paulie

Paulie Active Member

Rocky Patel has many great sticks! One of my personal fav's is the RP Edge Robusto...lots of smoke...hints of spice & leather....my mouth is watering for one now!

BamaT likes this.
  18. willy

willy New Member

I'd like to try a good Cuban cigar someday, but I still haven't finished my box of IT'SABOYs yet.

Tonybrooklyn and Lexicon Devil like this.
  19. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I've had Cuban cigars in Europe and Israel. I'm not a connoisseur, but I enjoy an occasional smoke. I like hookah too, but those are terrible for you.

Tonybrooklyn likes this.
  20. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Are there any tobacco products that are good for you? ;)

Tonybrooklyn and Redrock like this.