Freemasons?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by xCarbonSteelx, Dec 6, 2012.

1. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

Do we have any members that are a Mason?

2. chadmartin01

chadmartin01 New Member

Yup! Well... Kinda! I was raised in 2005, but I haven't been in about 3 years.

3. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I never understood too much about it. It's a hard concept to grasp.

4. xCarbonSteelx

I'm going to a stated meeting on the 11th. I'm extremely interested in the Brotherhood. Since I read the book The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, it's peaked my interest. I finally did something about it and reached out to a Lodge and was invited to their dinner and meeting. Chad, is there any questions I should be prepared to ask, that someone who doesn't know much about it ask?

5. GeneRector

GeneRector Active Member

:) Howdy! I've been a mason since 1977.
    Always,
    Gene

6. chadmartin01

chadmartin01 New Member

Nah, not really any questions you really need to ask the lodge.
    Some questions you need to ask yourself are: Do you like helping out in your community? Depending on how involved you get, Are you prepared to spend a lot of time at the lodge? (If you have wife n kids, this may or may not bother you).
    Do you believe in God? The only thing I can say is the lodge I was in had high Christian beliefs. I don't buy into the bible, which is why I haven't attended in a while. However, the great things Masons do for the community was a great thing to be a part of.
    Best of luck!

7. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I've always had an interest in them too, just because of the history of the organization. I have to say one thing...I saw a masonic temple on King Street, in Hamilton (Ontario) when I lived there, and that is an amazing building. It was an overcast day so it looked a little intimidating (and I was tired), but beautiful architecture nonetheless!

8. xCarbonSteelx

Thanks for the reply. I've asked that of myself. I'm looking forward to it.

9. chadmartin01

chadmartin01 New Member

Good luck!! Let us know if you accepted

10. ksb63

ksb63 Active Member

Raised in 87. Have fun

11. xCarbonSteelx

So, I went to the dinner last night. Very, very warm and friendly people. They answered so of my questions I had, and didn't have. Before I can petition to join, they need to get to know me. I was told there is a 6 month time frame. So, I plan on going once or twice a month to some of the different activities they have.

12. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

Ive been curious about the masons for a while. I am very interested in joining. I am moving in the spring and will be looking for a local temple after I get settled in.

13. chadmartin01

chadmartin01 New Member

Glad you enjoyed yourself! The waiting period will be over before you know it, Good Luck!

14. xCarbonSteelx

Just an update. I've decide this is something I would like to pursue. As mentioned in an earlier post, i have to wait 6 months before I can petition to start my Entered Apprentice degree. I'm 3 months in, and looking forward forMay to come around!

15. Aedan382

Aedan382 New Member

I was just raised last year in November. I am currently attending some schools of instruction to learn more about the craft, and I love the things that we do for the good of the community, and the sense of brotherhood. One of the best decisions I've made in my life.

16. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

I was raised in 1997, and got a dimit in 2004 (left in good standing). Now, I'm beginning the process of re-affiliation!

17. oldtrout

oldtrout Well-Known Member

My grandfather was a Mason, my father was a Mason. I've though about it...