Portable Hot Towel Prototype

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Barrylu, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Barrylu

Barrylu Well-Known Member

A problem exists for most wet shavers. Namely, how to make wet shaving more time efficient without sacrificing the quality of the shave. One stumbling block has been the use of a Hot Towel. Use of the hot towel requires laying still for up to 3 minutes in a prone position. This proceedure adds needed time to the procedure as well as presenting the danger of falling back to sleep and being late to work.
    As a possible solution I present the Portable Hot Towel. Use of this piece of equipment frees ones hands to perform any other bathroom tasks,(except brushing one's teeth) while softening one's beard.
    Simply, I took a terry cloth wash cloth. Cut and hemed it 10 in long by 6 in wide. I then attached 4 strips of cloth (elastic might be better) to the 4 corners of the cloth (See photo 1). The cloth is then soaked in hot water and afixed to the shavers face.The mask is affixed in the same manner as a surgical mask (photo 2). Now your hands are View attachment 34207 Prototype Portable Hot Towel 003.JPG Prototype Portable Hot Towel 003.JPG free to lather your brush,change blades etc. while your beard softens.

JRod22 likes this.
  2. Barrylu

Barrylu Well-Known Member

Picture 1 did not come through here it is Prototype Portable Hot Towel 001.JPG

3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

An imaginative solution!

4. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Your VERY talented Barry!! :)

5. Conrad1959

Conrad1959 Well-Known Member

Nice! Innovative!

6. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Now there's some smart thinking! Thanks for posting!

7. vinthechin12

vinthechin12 Active Member

That is really going to come in handy! I will probably make one next weekend unless I get caught up in restoring razors I just bought. Thank you for putting these pictures up. I volunteer in a hospital, in the emergency department, and this kind of looks like the mask the doctor puts on when he goes to patients in isolation because of the two straps around your head.