C.O. Bigelow / Lucky Tiger

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by markh58, Nov 25, 2012.

1. markh58

markh58 Member

Has anyone had a good / bad experience using C.O. Bigelow (Green Proraso) or Lucky Tiger soaps or creams ?

2. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

CO Bigelo is awesome stuff, very cold.

Tsalagi44 and JRod22 like this.
  3. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

I have used Bigelow cream and found it to be enjoyable for a few shaves however I put it in the drawer until the weather heats up a bit. It is quite bracing in the 25 deg. f weather. Other than the cooling effect not playing well with below freezing weather, I found the lather to be pretty astounding and the slickness was adequate. all in all a good product in my limited experience.

JRod22 likes this.
  4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Bigalow is a nice mild menthol. Lucky Tiger is not a lathering cream, so it won't work with a shave brush, but the rest of their shaving/skin care products are very high quality.

JRod22 and GeneRector like this.
  5. FacialCarnage

FacialCarnage Well-Known Member

The two mentioned are my goto brands. I use Proraso pre-shave with C.O. Bigelow shaving cream and then use Lucky Tiger aftershave tonic. My skin is usually pretty dry so sometimes I use a facial moisterizer. Lucky Tiger is supposed to have some moisterizers in it, but my face is still dry after applying it, especially if I get a really close shave.

6. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

I suggest Lucky Tiger. Nice product.

7. DE/OMEGA76

DE/OMEGA76 New Member

C.O. Bigelow- aka proraso green tub with menthol and eucalyptus. Omega cream soap all beautiful followed by prorasso green after shave splash. Stick with this stuff and u will not go wrong.

8. Lucky Tiger does make a lathering shave cream called, Liquid Shave Cream, and it lathers and shaves wonderfully. Different than most shave creams, as their Liquid Shave Cream pours from a bottle. I highly recommed it! Like everybody else... C.O.Bigelow is fantastic.

Mike Brown likes this.
  9. iambatman85

iambatman85 Well-Known Member

I've been using C.O. Bigelow in a rotation now for a few months and I've never had anything but great shaves with it. Lathers easily and great protection. I always get more than enough lather from an almond size amount for three passes plus touchups.

10. drew23

drew23 Active Member

C.O. in the tube until I got Proraso in the tub. Love it. Only soap/cream so far. Bought some palmolive sticks, looking for some Arko if I can find a reasonable deal shipped on a couple sticks.

11. Love C.O. Bigelow

12. Conrad1959

Conrad1959 Well-Known Member

I like everything about C. O.Bigelow! Also like that I can pick it locally!

13. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

After reading these I think what may be happening is that there is more than 1 Lucky Tiger shave soap/cream; and shave balm.
    The LT in the large white jars found at barber supply houses is different from the LT in bottles. The bottled soap does later nicely; the jar does not. The bottles AS/Balm is a liquid; the jar looks like Noxzema.

14. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Bigelow is good stuff. I don't use it every day but I think I'll always have some around.

15. Mitch

Mitch Active Member

Bigelow? Depends on how you feel about eucalyptus. It's a great performer but I'm not too keen on eucalyptus scent so I don't love it for that reason, but you should try it. I do break it out every now and again on really hot days.

16. Hayter

Hayter Active Member

I just bought and used C.O bigelow last night. Holy crap that stuff froze my face off compared to the Derby menthol I have.. I will keep it in my collection for menthol mondays! I dont think i would use it all the time though. Best part was that it was only 5 bucks for a good sized tube of it.

17. Sontag

Sontag Well-Known Member

Reviving an old thread.

I picked up a tube of C O Bigelow the other day, and I'm impressed.

I took my daughter to the mall this week, and she wanted to go to Bath & Body Works. If you've never been to one of these stores with a 15 year old on a big sale day, the event can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. One of the sales associates must have noticed my lack of enthusiasm and suggested I check out their men's section; I never knew they had one. Since I knew that my daughter still had a few hundred bottles, tubes, and sprays to sniff before her mission was over I decided to see what they had.

They carry several kinds of aftershave, as well as Bigelow cream and canned foam.

By the way, I checked the rule book; you can go in one of these stores AND keep your man card if you buy shaving stuff.

Bristle Me likes this.
  18. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

One of the sales associates actually acknowledged your existence? A miracle! ;) Seriously, that is not always the case these boutique-y stores. The last time I was in L'Occitane to buy some of their soap, it was like I was invisible, even though the store was not busy at all. The second a woman entered the store, however, the associates were immediately asking how they could help. There is a Bath and Body Works about 50 feet away, where I saw two other guys treated the same way. It might be that the men's products are intended for purchase as gifts. But you are right, most of these stores do have something for men, and usually of very good quality. They just need to learn that anyone who enters their store is a potential customer.

In marked contrast is the Art of Shaving store in the same shopping center. Anyone, male or female, who walks into the store is immediately acknowledged even when the place is jam packed and the staff is very busy. The guys are customers for obvious reasons. There are frequently women there buying gift sets, too, and I have never heard of one losing her woman card.

Rumor has it that we keep our man cards even if we just look at the shaving stuff.

19. mbastings

mbastings Active Member

Love the Bigelow. I was in the Best Buy Mobile store the other day getting a new case for my phone, and my wife had walked over the Bath and Body Works. She came back and said, "I got you something." She had noticed that the C.O. Bigelow cream was buy 2 get 1 free. So I've got about 3 1/2 tubes of it...should be good for awhile.

GeneRector likes this.
  20. Nolan1982

Nolan1982 Member

lucky tiger 'vanishing cream' is a great post shave! (Especially for head shaves) It comes in a tub , cheap, and lasts a long time! I haven't seen any in stores but I know you can get some from "williamsport barber supply" website

Bigelow (green proraso) is a great product but I became a bigger fan of the proraso white and red (sandlewood)

GeneRector likes this.